CFR slip ons for 2013 FLTRU - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Hangaround

Default CFR slip ons for 2013 FLTRU

I have heard them on the 2013 street rod on u-tube only. I have not heard on any bike. Sort of like the low deep rumble. I don't want a loud bike as I drive to the office pretty early in the morning.

I really like the throttle response of my 103". Still breaking her in and don't have 500 miles yet.

Comments requested on those that have or actually heard the CFR slip ons. (With fluted ends).

Also, do I need to change breather and re map with Harley download? I don't want to lose the throttle response and performance.

Thanking you all in advance for your comments.

Mike

Last edited by BDMike; 11-12-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM

Best sounding pipe ever! Will make other harley owners constantly ask you "what pipes are those?" lol
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Grey beard

Says this on the Iron Aces website who sell CFR's....

** Please note that adding CFR Slip-ons to stock Harley-Davidson 103" and 110" engines will require the bike to be re-tuned otherwise discoloration may occur. **

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 AM

Yes, Thank you, there have been many posts in the past that I"ve said that before! I've spoken to Cary Faas the owner months ago when I encountered a prob with his pipes on a stock bike. Cary does require a tuner to be installed whenever his pipes are on a bike regardless of any other mod's. I have them paired with Drago's head pipes, and cam's installed, you'd be shocked on how much louder they are!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Prospect

just installed the chrome fluted slip ons today.....love the sound....I had them sitting in my house for 3 months due to foot surgery....just put them on today and rode around the block...love them.......
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 AM

To be honest depends if you're doing any more work than an intake and pipe work for performance. If you're adding cam's down the road these pipes may be a bit too loud for you, after my cam's were installed the pipes def. made alot more noise but I like them that way!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taccone View Post
Yes, Thank you, there have been many posts in the past that I"ve said that before! I've spoken to Cary Faas the owner months ago when I encountered a prob with his pipes on a stock bike. Cary does require a tuner to be installed whenever his pipes are on a bike regardless of any other mod's. I have them paired with Drago's head pipes, and cam's installed, you'd be shocked on how much louder they are!
You have a video clip of how yours sounds? Thinking about this setup.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM

They have their own deep low tone I like them alot. I have had them on for a while and no discoloration. When I change my cam and install an ac I will get the bike tuned. I am tricking my o 2 sensors input so the bike runs richer in the closed loop mode until the mods

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM

HD_DR I don't have a vid, sorry after the install late in the season we had nothing but rain and cold weather in wester ny. That and my work sched. I wasn't able to get a good quality video up and it will be months till my bike is out of winter storage.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_DR View Post
You have a video clip of how yours sounds? Thinking about this setup.
I installed the CFR Fluted Skip ons, on my 2012 Road Glide Ultra, and they sound amazing!
I also installed V&H Power Duals and air cleaner. Had a Dyno done and picked up 5Hp and 5 Lbs Torque.