Buying within 45 Days - How much at the Dealer? - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 AM

I just bought a 2012 RGC and paid MSRP BUT the ABS/security package fee was waived along with the freight charge. I also received a $1000 in store credit and 15% off everything on day of purchase. I felt as though I got a good deal. Good luck.

Your bike must be fast cuz you were hauling ass when I passed you......
2012 Chrome Yellow.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfyoyo View Post
The days of grtting the best deal for cash are over. Dealers make as much off financjng as they do the bike.Get your best deal with financing, make sure theres no early payoff penalty.
This made the decision for me. I ended up buying overseas because no one stateside could match the interest rate. I got 2.8 overseas and in the end spent less than I would even with a used bike. Look less at cash off or incentives and more at who will give you the lowest interest rate even if its not the dealer. Harley's Eagle credit doesn't seem competitive.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Thank you all that have replied.

Please keep them coming and thanks twice to those riders that are including their purchase location.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Life Member

Once you get past the B.S. conversation from the Salesperson to you, you need to tell him/her "I'm here to buy a bike, but are you ready to sell a bike?

In my own personal experience, I went one weekend to my local dealer(30 miles away) talked to them and they didn't give me the numbers I wanted to see so I left cordially. I got a follow up call on Monday(that's when they where open on Mondays.) I told him I was checking with 3 other dealers and I would get back with them later if they were interested in making a deal. One other dealer about 125 miles from house was ready to make the deal over the phone, so I called my local dealer and told him thanks for his time but I was about to make the deal and he said "Give me 15 minutes" He called me back in 10, said "we'll give it to you for $2500 below MSRP, and take off the cost of the ABS/Security option and they gave me $8400.00 on my trade in( I still owed $4k). All in all I thought it was a good deal.

Oh, and they gave me $300 in store credit. Wife bought a Jacket and we were done.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM

hmmm.... msrp's... i'll just come out and say what i paid for it... i paid $22500 OTD for 2013 RGC in vivid black, abs+cruise with 500 mile service included....
i tho it was a fair deal...
could have gotten 2013 denim RGC w/o abs and cruise for $21000 OTD....
or $23500 OTD on 2012 black RGU with detachable pak & painted inner....

this was in Torrance CA.... maybe its cheaper else where parts of the country??
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekahng View Post
hmmm.... msrp's... i'll just come out and say what i paid for it... i paid $22500 OTD for 2013 RGC in vivid black, abs+cruise with 500 mile service included....
i tho it was a fair deal...
could have gotten 2013 denim RGC w/o abs and cruise for $21000 OTD....
or $23500 OTD on 2012 black RGU with detachable pak & painted inner....

this was in Torrance CA.... maybe its cheaper else where parts of the country??
Joe, in Kali do you pay the sales tax to the dealer or, to the DMV?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctalbot6983 View Post
I just bought a 13 CVO RG Custom. Dealer did nothing off of the msrp. I paid exactly 32,999. Plus $648 prep, and a couple hundred more on Freight.
They basically told me, that alot of dealerships were marking up the CVOs.
Although I don't feel like I got much of a deal, I don't think I got ripped off either.
Same thing as mine when I got it back in September.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophir View Post
Joe, in Kali do you pay the sales tax to the dealer or, to the DMV?

Thanks
it ultimately goes to the dmv but u pay tax+registration to the dealer....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Life Member

ophir, you got lots of good suggestions as well as a few specific deal details. It really comes down to your negotiating skills and how badly the dealership wants to deal.
Don't just expect to get the same deal someone else got without a little work.

Do your homework so that when you go to the dealership you know what you want (model, color, options, etc.). You also need to have a good idea of what you are willing to spend to get it.
If you will be financing the purchase talk to your bank/credit union so that you can get pre-approved. This is more negotiating leverage.
If you can pay cash, you can usually make a good deal by financing thru the dealership and then paying it off 30 days later. These days the dealerships are encouraged to finance internally and get penalized if they don't. Again, leverage.

Bottom line: knowledge is power.

You imagine me sipping champagne from your boot for a taste of your elegant pride.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe... but at least I'm enjoying the ride!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Published deal in Washington

The dealer I am working with, Sound Harley, has posters at the entrance stating that they do not charge freight or setup; that can save on the order of a grand. We are also negotiating the price of the bike, but I am being confidential about the actual negotiated price, but they have stated that they are an MSRP dealer.. I believe 15% off accessories bought at time of purchase is pretty standard; some dealers go 20% but I would wager they make the 5% difference up elsewhere. All a numbers game, it is really the out the door price all included that matters, and I would wager that will be a similar lowest negotiable number for most dealers, they all just get there by a few different means like shipping, tax/license, accessory cost etc..