Moved the Madstad to my CVO - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Madstad Engineering

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard719 View Post
What are the differences between the non-CVO mounting plate and the CVO mounting plate?
I wondered the same thing. I called Mark at Madstad and he told me the holes don't line up correctly. Also, my original mounting plate was aluminum and the new one is fiberglass. The new CVO's have the antenna hidden inside the faring and the aluminum mounting plate would inhibit reception.

You don't know until you CVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Hangaround

I put the Madstad on my RG...I got it on and realized I needed the tinted shield to live with the looks, but it works great. Patty gave me a return customer discount. Here are pics of the clear version:
ImageUploadedByMO Free1354387474.159619.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1354387486.210768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Hangaround

One more pic:
ImageUploadedByMO Free1354387523.896185.jpg

Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser21 View Post
I put the Madstad on my RG...I got it on and realized I needed the tinted shield to live with the looks, but it works great. Patty gave me a return customer discount. Here are pics of the clear version:
Attachment 17157Attachment 17158

I have both the clear and the dark tint on my CVO. The clear will only go on for road trips and night rides. The dark looks much better.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Life Member

Interesting. Never seen one in person before. So the actual windshield mounts onto a smaller windshield type contraption (which is what is actually attached to bike?). Excuse my ignorance but currently run 8" flare and want something better for turbulence and listening to radio. Has anyone had both 12" flare and madstad?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Life Member

Oh, I am 5'8" with a speed cradle lowering me about 2".
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideShark View Post
Interesting. Never seen one in person before. So the actual windshield mounts onto a smaller windshield type contraption (which is what is actually attached to bike?). Excuse my ignorance but currently run 8" flare and want something better for turbulence and listening to radio. Has anyone had both 12" flare and madstad?
You're right about how it mounts. Essentially it's an aluminum 'windshield' that goes about where the RGC windshield does...then the outer shield mounts onto that.

I had the 12 inch klockwerks windshield and switched to the madstad. I still have the other shield at this point although it's pretty unlikely it would go back on. I wasn't sure about the look of the 'madstad' but it looked fine on my 10 black denim and looks just as fine on the 13 big blue pearl. I'm much happier with the 'madstad' over the others i've tried.

I'm 5-7 and use a mustang 'lowdown' seat to bring me down a bit. I went through several windshields before this one and I'm a believer in it. It's funny how so many people say they don't like the look but whenever I'm around road glide owners they always ask about it and feedback is generally positive

2013 Roadglide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl. Madstad 13 inch windshield, KSTKustoms 16 inch 'Mayhem' apes, Mustang lowdown seat, Ohlins 2-2a rear shocks, Comfort rear crash bars, Airwing tourpak rack, 360 adjustable highway pegs, 'bright ass light' taillight, Boom speakers and amp, Daymaker headlight, Motolights running lights...buncha other crap
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Hangaround

Hey SharkBite... nice looking 'Glide. Would you mind telling me which tint shield are you using? I have the light tint and would like something darker. I had thought that the darkest tint was too dark, but if yours is the darkest... I like it!

Thanks...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidcycler View Post
Hey SharkBite... nice looking 'Glide. Would you mind telling me which tint shield are you using? I have the light tint and would like something darker. I had thought that the darkest tint was too dark, but if yours is the darkest... I like it!

Thanks...
Mine is the dark tint. I look over the shield anyway so the tint is really a non-issue
2013 Roadglide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl. Madstad 13 inch windshield, KSTKustoms 16 inch 'Mayhem' apes, Mustang lowdown seat, Ohlins 2-2a rear shocks, Comfort rear crash bars, Airwing tourpak rack, 360 adjustable highway pegs, 'bright ass light' taillight, Boom speakers and amp, Daymaker headlight, Motolights running lights...buncha other crap
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Life Member

The dark tint is not a problem. I have cr@p night vision and I have no issue with it even in the dark.