Saddlebag extentions... - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Equipment-RG

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Prospect

Default Saddlebag extentions...

Hello, JohnZ here from Chi-town. Without having to invest a ton of money for real extended saddlebags, I'd like to just invest a fraction of the cost and go with saddlebag extentions. I know there are a few competitors out there, I'd like to know based off of your opinions good and/or bad on which is the best lookin budget buy saddlebag extention kit to go with. I have a 2:1 exhaust so I just need a single pipe extention kit. If anyone has some pics of saddlebag extentions to post up, I'd really like to see what the various saddlebag extention kits out there look like on our sharks. Thanks so much for your input!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Life Member

I have extended bags, however I have seen a few bikes with Cycle Smiths bag extensions that look good.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM

To me extensions that are not molded into the original bags to give them a smooth look, look a little cheesy !!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 AM

I put the HD ones on my 07 RG. I got them at a discount. Someone ordered them then did not pick them up. They worked out well . In hind site I should have just saved a bit of cash and gotten real extend bags. Take a long look around this site.

http://www.milwaukeebagger.com/

Last edited by smitty901; 11-29-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Life Member

In all honesty, you may want to just save up a bit until you can get the real stretched bags. That's what I did, b/c in my past personal experience, I would do something similar wishing I had really went with the real thing and then found myself spending that money anyways. No need to rush in for a non-functional aesthitic look. Hell your bags look great and are functional now. Just wait for the real thing and gain some extra storage.

Back to your original post. I have seen the cyclesmiths extensions and while they don't look bad at all, on some colors it's just doesn't look right. Def look for photos.

You may find that just holding out for the stretched bags isn't that much for the end result you want

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Life Member

Check out the bike of the month section where voting is currently open for the December BOM. DED HD's bike is in there and he has the cyclesmith extensions. He has a 2-1 also and there is a nice pic of the back of the bike with them.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Life Member

If you buy extended bags.You will have to spend more up front. But you can sell your original bags to recoop some of the cost.
2010 FLTRX Scarlet Red. Andrews 48h cams.Crane lifters.SE adj push rods. SE intake with PC/5. 2-1-2 Headpipe(no cat)w/Rinehart's. Chrome Front End w/1" Lowering Kit. HD Thunderstar Wheels. Cee Baileys TRSSC 15" Dome.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Prospect

These are Bad Dad extensions, and rear fender extension from motorcyclepaint.com. Spent about $300.00 total. I know a lot of people don't like extensions (especially if they are not molded in), but if you don't have $1500.00 to drop you don't have it.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Prospect

Hey guys, thanks so much for all your input regarding pro's n con's of saddlebag extentions. Now to decide for myself if I wanna quick fix with saddlebag extentions or just save up for REAL extended bags.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Life Member

Get the Extended bags! You get a little more room and they look really clean. Check out fairing factory CVO extended style bags or the 4" extend bags. They are heavy plastic like Harleys, strong and they paint up well. They like 400 bucks or so. Extensions themselves are couple hundred bucks!