True Track - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Suspensions

Suspensions Discuss all you Suspension needs and wants here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM

Default True Track

It seems as a new person to this forum that most of the bikes appear to be pretty new - 2009 and newer. Just bought a 2003 anniversary Road Glide and am wondering if it is worth the money to invest in a True Track setup. I am wondering if any of you have, or have had an older Road Glide with this installed. Any advice is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Hangaround

I did the "missing link" on my 03 Ultra and 05 Road King......the difference is noticable and they were MUCH more stable. At 2 up or high weight its more noticable, in a word....yes it makes a difference. Do your homework though, not all links are created equal. I chose the missing link because it replaced the swingarm pivot bracket, rather than adding a bracket to a frame stiffener. I believe that it is stronger there....JMO mind you. I also liked that the pivot point on that model was in line with pivot point of the swingarm. I havent looked at any of them lately, but True-Track is the ONLY one who makes one for my ol'girl, I havent bought one yet, but Ester is much more stable with the late model swingarm.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Hangaround

I installed the Progressive Chassis Stabilizer on my 2001 and the improvement was noticeable.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM

2000 FLTRSE1, added progressive set up because the wheel dock center stand still fit. I like the solid feel with it.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Life Member

Progressive Touring Link here. The Progressive Touring Link works great, it is a easy install and you don't loose any of your ground clearance you can still use a center stand if you want and it cost $200 (it did when I got it) and that is about 1/2 the cost of other stabilizer systems.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks to all that replied. It looks like I need to do some homework between True-Track, Progressive, and potentially others. I plan to get one of the systems in December so once again thanks.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfullmer View Post
Thanks to all that replied. It looks like I need to do some homework between True-Track, Progressive, and potentially others. I plan to get one of the systems in December so once again thanks.
Another True-Track vote. Helps a ton IMO.