How much are stock 96" heads worth?? - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Engine Related

Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRider View Post
Do you care to share where you are having the work done?
Sure!! I posted it on another thread put I will do it again. www.kellysperformancespecialalists.com
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM
prodrag1320

big shop,ide hate to have to cool/heat it!! $1300.00 for headwork is pretty steep (our stageIII headwork is $895.00 and is just about everything you can do with stock castings)post the results when done
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Prospect

I know why he wants them, he'll remove the baffles, after that the part is in hugh demand
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrag1320 View Post
big shop,ide hate to have to cool/heat it!! $1300.00 for headwork is pretty steep (our stageIII headwork is $895.00 and is just about everything you can do with stock castings)post the results when done
That also includes the ACR's in the heads. I have to put some miles on the bike before I take the bike in for the Dyno tune. Because I got the parts from the builder and he is doing the build the Dyno tune is included in the deal.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmark View Post
That also includes the ACR's in the heads. I have to put some miles on the bike before I take the bike in for the Dyno tune. Because I got the parts from the builder and he is doing the build the Dyno tune is included in the deal.
I'm surprised then that he's not breaking the bike in on the dyno.........
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
I'm surprised then that he's not breaking the bike in on the dyno.........
He puts 50 miles on the bike on the dyno to make sure everything is seated then he wants at least 500 miles on the build before he does a full dyno tune. The bike has forge pistons now instead of cast pistons so I am not sure if that is the reason for the higher mileage before doing the dyno tune.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM
prodrag1320

i agree with that 100%,in the 25+ years I had a dyno (sold it 2 years ago when i relocated to florida)I NEVER dyno`ed new builds & dont agree with those that do,not a good idea here
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Grey beard

was there a difference in these heads compared to the 88 stockers?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Life Member

There is a little difference. These are SE CNC heads that are ported and the heads have 2 inch intake valves and 1.5 inch exhaust valves, the valves are stainless and they have stronger springs, I am also having the heads polished and they have ACR's as well. I am not a builder so I don't have the exact specs on the heads right now.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 AM
prodrag1320

your using SE heads,CNC ported & your getting charged 1300.00?? does that include the heads or is that just labor????