Exhaust recommendation...Jackpot header + ? Slip-on - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Prospect

Default Exhaust recommendation...Jackpot header + ? Slip-on

I am planning on Fuel Moto Jackpot header and tuned Power Commander.
What slip-ons are you guys running? I'm thinking chrome with black billet tips and was considering Rinehart, but there seems to be some potential quality issues. Comments/suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Grey beard

Go to a few bike nights and rallies, and see what sound you like best.

There are plenty of great pipes out there, Fuel Moto, Dragos, CFR's, V&H, RH, etc, just to name a few.

You got the big part out of the way and you're getting rid of the cat.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Life Member

I'm going with pretty much the same setup. Power Vision, Fuel Moto AC, and Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipes. I saw a good deal on some Reinhardt's on this forum but there were quality issues so I too plan on staying away from those. I'm thinking of Fuel Moto slip ons, either the Pro Touring chrome with the carbon fiber trim or the 4" Jakpot slash ups. I guess you really can't miss with FM. I'm just curious to know how much actual heat reduction there will be with the ceramic coated head pipes? They are $100 more but well worth it if it keeps things cooler.
2012 FLTRX, BBP, 13" MadStad, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC and 4" Dyno Tuned Jackpots, catless header, DinoJet Power Vision, Horizon Helibars, Iron Aces mount, HD Aileron grips, Ward's cooling fans, Mustang Wide Tripper solo, CD Plasma Rods and LED turns...
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbohead View Post
I'm going with pretty much the same setup. Power Vision, Fuel Moto AC, and Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipes. I saw a good deal on some Reinhardt's on this forum but there were quality issues so I too plan on staying away from those. I'm thinking of Fuel Moto slip ons, either the Pro Touring chrome with the carbon fiber trim or the 4" Jakpot slash ups. I guess you really can't miss with FM. I'm just curious to know how much actual heat reduction there will be with the ceramic coated head pipes? They are $100 more but well worth it if it keeps things cooler.

After having Ceramic coating on my last set of pipes I am a believer. I thought it was all advertising hype, but it's not. And my last bike had a factory 110!

It's not necessary, but it does work. If you can afford it I would say go for it, especially if you live in an area with brutal summer temps like I do.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Hangaround

I'm really liking everything about this setup at the moment, and it's very similar to what you are thinking.

Here is a video: http://youtu.be/bU_sRUBQ4SE
2011 FLTRX Vivid Black 103 power pack'd | FuelMoto Headpipe & AC | DynoJet PowerVision | Jackpot 4" & CFR KO's | Progressive 940's & Monotubes 1"lowered | 12" Windvest | Boom! speakers | WildOne's 515 MiniApes | Vented Lowers | TourPak w/AirWing
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Prospect

Scoot
Thx for the video clip! Sounds good without being too loud.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Hangaround

Supertrapp Stout Mufflers

Kuryakyn (2010 + version) Crusher Mufflers

Cary Faas Racing Mufflers

These three have the best sounds on an X-Pipe bike that I've heard.

Just sayin'
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM

Here is a video clip of my bike with Klock Werks WFB black ceramic mufflers with polished tips.

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/o...0695F5D345.mp4
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Hangaround

Buddy of mine runs the Krushers mentioned above on the Jackpot headpipe and really think his bike has a much better sound than mine with the V&H power duels with Rineharts. Might be the wrong time of the year to do it but make a trip to your local Harly Dealer during one of their promo days and sit in the parking lot and listen to the bikes coming in and out. Found something that sounds good to you and go ask the owner about his pipes and also ask about his motor. How the motor is built sometimes makes a huge difference in how those pipes sound
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
After having Ceramic coating on my last set of pipes I am a believer. I thought it was all advertising hype, but it's not. And my last bike had a factory 110!

It's not necessary, but it does work. If you can afford it I would say go for it, especially if you live in an area with brutal summer temps like I do.
+1 Ceramic coating made a very noticeable difference for me.
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.