Are all Full Face Helmets Made in China? - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Helmets

Helmets Anything and everything to do about Helmets!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Hangaround

To me it doesn't matter where the helmet is made. The best helmet is any helmet that fits your head regardless of price.
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Have a Nolan N104 outlaw, made in Italy
Old 12-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tex View Post
I think the arai's are the best. They are the only ones in round, regular, and long profile shapes. They feel the lightest, which should reduce the chance of breaking your neck. There is no difference in relative mortality between helmet and non helmet states. Helmet laws work by discouraging ridership, thus reducing losses by auto insurance cos. The original article from Forbes is available online on harleyhelp(I think). You can have it light, strong, or cheap: choose two. How much did you spend on your bike?
I really like Arai's - their fit and finish is fantastic. Best fitting helmets for both my wife and I - we have different head shapes, but could both find the perfect fit within their line. $$$ - but worth it from a fit and protection standpoint.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Hangaround

Default Are all Full Face Helmets Made in China?

Anyone have experience with the Hawk ST-1198 with Bluetooth?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 AM

It's not made in America, but I love my Nolan N43 trilogy. It's a heck of a lot lighter than anything else I've tried and the price is respectable.

And it has a Bluetooth option that can be integrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
Damnnnn! Went looking for a full face helmet that is Snell approved and all I could find are Chinese made Helmets. Who in their right mind would ever wear
a Helmet made in China? Even the HD helmets are made in China. When the F*** did this happen? HJC was a Korean Company, Not any more. All their helmets are now made in China.

Except for Shoei helmets that are hand painted in Japan for $500.00, I couldn't find anything made in the US.

Any Suggestions? In my 40 years of riding, I've seen too may heads through the windshield and on the pavement to wear a half shell. When you see the heads close up, it has a chilling affect.
Heritage Bars w/ heated grips
Black Fork upper & lower
A/C kit and Stage 1 DL
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducflames904 View Post
I believe Suomy, NOLAN,AGV and Arai are made in Italy and BELL and ICON are made in the USA.
Arai is made in Japan, not Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tex View Post
I think the arai's are the best. They are the only ones in round, regular, and long profile shapes. They feel the lightest, which should reduce the chance of breaking your neck. There is no difference in relative mortality between helmet and non helmet states. Helmet laws work by discouraging ridership, thus reducing losses by auto insurance cos. The original article from Forbes is available online on harleyhelp(I think). You can have it light, strong, or cheap: choose two. How much did you spend on your bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbalt View Post
I really like Arai's - their fit and finish is fantastic. Best fitting helmets for both my wife and I - we have different head shapes, but could both find the perfect fit within their line. $$$ - but worth it from a fit and protection standpoint.

So many have said on this forum "you get what you pay for" so if you care about getting a real quality helmet, you can't beat Arai! But IMO unless you get fitted by a qualified person you may end up with the wrong shape helmet.

BTW, Arai has a 5 year warranty on their helmets, don't know about others but that carries some weight.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Hangaround

I just bought a Nolan N104 (modular not full face). Nolan's are not made in America but Italy. The interesting thing is that Nolan manufactures the entire helmet in house, nothing is outsourced. They make a high quality helmet at inexpensive prices ($100 less then the comparable Shoei).

Again this is a modular not a full face but I saw an interesting Eurpoean study that tracked modular helmets and the number of times they opened during an accident. The Nolan helmet (I believe it was the N103 which is being replaced by the N104) never opened during an accident. It is ECE approved.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Prospect

I ride a SHOEI, made in Japan. It's the NeoTec modular helmet ... I absolutely love it. To echo other comments on here, the best helmet is the one that fits your head the best (as long as it meets safety requirements). I would agree that Arai is a fine helmet. I had a fitting done at one of the International Motorcycle Shows (NYC) and liked the fit. Ultimately, though, I wanted a modular and Arai doesn't offer one. The NeoTec was the best suited for my needs and comfort. Try on all you can. Events like the IMS are great venues for that.

Cheers,
G

Those white lines are just Road Chum ... and my Shark is HUNGRY!

Tags
helmets , road glide , road glide custom , road glide forums , roadglide.org