Passenger Seat Option for 2013 CVO RGC - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 AM

Default Passenger Seat Option for 2013 CVO RGC

Does anyone have any suggestions for either replacing or modifying the passenger pillion for a 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom. The stock rider seat works great for me and looks great and I can't see myself replacing it. The wife can not ride on the passenger seat. She has been "spoiled" by riding on the back of my Road Glide Tourning and am hoping I can find a way to make this back seat wider and more padded.

I have a chopped tour pack on it with a backrest so if i can just figure out a way to do something with the passenger pillion we will be good to go. The dealer has told me they do not make a larger rear seat and as I mentioned I am not willing to swap the front seat out for a Mustang, Sundowner etc as it will screw up the look too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 10:16 AM

Mean City can not make the seat wider on this bike. I am now looking into C&C Seats to see if they can build one to match. Still looking for some help from anyone who has had this issue. (I would assume anyone who has a CVO RGC and a passenger has this issue)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Hangaround

I would check out Bill Mayer saddles, or Russell day long they might do it, but it won't be cheap.
The BMS for my FJR cost 800. but that was for both rider and pillon.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Hangaround

Have you investigated the below product as a possible solution?

http://buttybuddy.com/

regards,
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Hangaround

I have the '13 CVO Anniversary. My girlfriend has no issues with the passenger pillion but she is used to riding on the back of my '05 CVO Fatboy so anything is more comfortable than that. I have been looking at custom seats and I am leaning toward Alligator Bob in Illinois. Many of the seat manufacturers will use your old pan but since Harley uses a plastic pan, the "good" seat manufacturers will require a metal pan for durability and to maintain shape. I suggest if you are only going to replace the passenger pillion then call around to Lepara, Danny Gray, Saddleman, BMS, etc. I'm sure you can get one that will match pretty well and get her the comfort she needs.

When my woman is happy, the whole world is happy. When my woman is unhappy, I leave town.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Life Member

Maybe a sheepskin pro pad or something to set on the pillion would help her out.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Grey beard

Check out Scott at Badassbikeseats.com he's one for me on my old bike and many of my buddies. The guys that have been on the big dog forum I'm sure have seen his work too. Great guy and can do pretty much anything you want.

GLIDE OR DIE!!
TWO WHEEL MICHIGAN
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 PM

Default Seat tweaks

Richs' custom saddles in the Seattle area is hard to beat; I went from Corbin to Russell to Meyer To Richs' in my last 4 bikes and the Richs' is by far, to me, the most comfortable on long rides. If he can do for the pillion what he did for my main seat on my last bike you can't go wrong..