Just a friendly heads up - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Hangaround

glad I found this, was working on bike in the garage with my work coat on and put fob in the pocket, come in hung coat up just inside door. next day, put on motorcycle jacket and went to work, went to leave work and bike wouldnt start, felt in pocket for fob no fob , thought i lost fob so had somebody take me home to get spare. well i just found the original thanks to this. now to change the code.
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_gary View Post
Just Down loaded the app. It says its for the 09 models so not every thing will be the same for the 10s and up. Have not compared yet
Have you? Its a nice tool to have on your phone though. Thanks.
No, I haven’t compared everything. I like the PIN and Harley Dealer links, so that alone makes it worth having on my phone.

Rinehart 2 Into 1|Ness Big Sucker AC|Andrews 57H Cams|PowerVision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Hangaround

Don't have the reference yet for the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Life Member With a Grey Beard

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Just re-programmed mine and tried it out (works great; just took a while for big-thumbs to get it right). Now I just gotta also be sure I don't forget it all (picked numbers I knew I would remember, it's just the sequence of stuff).

Another useful forum post!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Life Member

Default that app is worth its weight

I love that app. Saw a Ultra Classic limping on the way to Sturgis, near Blue Earth, MN. Pulled out my phone, called up the codes, located a dealer, called the dealer, with the ECM code, they had the part, helped the ultra download the app, he called a tow truck, and headed to Albert Lea, for repairs, and I headed off to SD.

When I asked him what codes he was showing, he had no idea what I was talking about. The V twin app tells you how to call up the codes and cross reference them. The new improved version is most awesome.

Trailers are for Boats!!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM

Another idea - I ride with the same group of guys almost all of the time. We have all programmed our pin number the same. That way when we are on a trip and we have to move one of the bikes and the rider isn't right there, it makes it real easy. On the negative side, we can really screw with one another too! Not that we have done that!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X In Black View Post
There’s an app called “V Twin Reference” on Google Apps that has a section on it called “Security Pin Menu”, among many other things. Instructions on Security PIN Override, Reset and Transport. I just put a text file in my file folder with my PIN code and use the apps instructions. Very handy. I have it on my Android phone. Not sure about Windows or iPhones.
It is for the Android Only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoe View Post
Would the info in that app also work for my 06??
I did a Google search. They have separate V Twin reference for 2007, 2008 and 2009 only. But there is nothing I found that is directly linked to '06/earlier or '10/later.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)
Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Hangaround

I actually use my code frequently. Especially when I'm moving it around in the garage/yard or for the occasional bath. Though maybe only a little, I can also imagine it helps conserve the battery in the fob as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejones642 View Post
I actually use my code frequently. Especially when I'm moving it around in the garage/yard or for the occasional bath. Though maybe only a little, I can also imagine it helps conserve the battery in the fob as well.
The FOB is transmitting at all times with the '07/later passave systems. So you are not saving the battery.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideRider View Post
The FOB is transmitting at all times with the '07/later passave systems. So you are not saving the battery.
Though I won't dispute your claim(I'm not a H-D engineer), I do find it ironic that I've noticed batteries installed at the same time have different lengths in life. And I typically carry one more than the other(alternate from time to time) and the one I carry the most always starts dying first. Just an observation made on several bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.