Power Vision & Iron Aces Mount? - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplej View Post
In case you missed my other post, I love that inner fairing!
Thanks for your help and thanks for the kind words, when Paul finished with the fairing I was just shocked at what a difference it made.
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Grey beard

Ordered this tonight:

Old 12-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Life Member

What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Hog View Post
What is that?

It's a mount/slash sunshade for the power vision. This will mount to the iron aces RG mount, then the Power Vision clips in and out quickly, so if I stop somewhere for a while to eat or whatever I can quickly take the PV off and clip it back on and not have to deal with the screws constantly. It will also cover the screen better for better visibility during the bright hours.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Grey beard

So I have had some questions from people in this forum and another via pm, and thought would share even though it's been posted before.

Here are the directions "I" used for doing my data logs with the auto tune basic (narrow band factory O2 sensors):

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2...now-a-reality/

This really is as easy as it gets, having the power vision mounted and using this software is so easy and a lot of fun. You see the hits in real time, and basically the goal is to turn all the boxes red. I have a few roads around here where I live that are still lifeless enough to allow me both to haul ass and to lug the bike around some to get to the cells in the areas we don't usually ride in. While the PV is doing it's thing, you see a flashing white outline box which flashes on the cell that is being "hit". This is a HUGE help to the end user (at least i thought so) because it shows you were information is being gathered, and quite a few times I got to a cell that was not hit much and this allowed me to see where I needed some work and to hold the current speed/throttle position.

My last run had value changes of: 1% AVG and 12% MAX, there were quite a few areas I had not gotten to before the last run. My goal is to have the changes made across the board at less than 5%, and this should be good. I like being able to work at this when time and road conditions allow, and being able to come back to it later on. The bike is running so much better and smoother now, but I think I can tweak a few more areas still. So nice not to have to lug around a laptop, lol. The bike just pulls nicely across the RPM range in any given gear with no hesitation, and fuel mileage is great.

This has been a lot of fun and I know I'm not even scratching the surface yet. Looking forward to more fun with my PV as time allows.

Last edited by Fire-Medic; 12-26-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Life Member

Nice write up F-M. Looks like you have done your homework on the PV. It really is a nice unit to work with. I will be looking forward to what your thoughts are on the sunshade for the PV.
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplej View Post
Nice write up F-M. Looks like you have done your homework on the PV. It really is a nice unit to work with. I will be looking forward to what your thoughts are on the sunshade for the PV.
Tracking info says it will be here Monday. It will go on the bike ASAP. I could not see a damn thing in direct light with the sun behind me yesterday, would need to stop and put my hand over the PV to have a look. The second 30 minute log was later in the day at almost 5PM where the sun was not directly high and behind me in any direction and it was much easier to see the screen.

I like the fact that it is a "sun shade" but I also like that it's a quick mount for the unit, so taking it off to secure it in the TP or one of the saddle bags is a plus.

The auto tune software has taken this unit to the next level. If it had been out when I owned my last PV I would have kept it.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Grey beard

Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Life Member

Nice right up & looks great. I'm not to familiar w/the PV total functions. What the purpose of having it viewable like a GPS? Thx.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Hog View Post
Nice right up & looks great. I'm not to familiar w/the PV total functions. What the purpose of having it viewable like a GPS? Thx.

Well the first thing, is like I said in my write up, seeing the screen for real time data logging and handling the auto tuning process from the screen itself. Then you can customize the screen for an almost endless amount of gauges to monitor various things as well. I like to monitor MPG right now, just to see where I'm at on the long rides. It can check and clear diagnostic trouble codes, you can pull over and flash the ECM with different tunes (if you choose, you can store up to 6 custom tunes at once on the PV), and some other stuff too which I have not yet even scratched the surface on. I just figured if I have the damn thing might as well get to know how to take full advantage of it. But my "main" reason was to have a clean way of installing it for auto tuning purposes.

YMMV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.