American Custom products, thoughts? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Hangaround

Default American Custom products, thoughts?

Has anyone tried the American Custom exhaust products? Just found their website: www.americancustom.com and the prices seem pretty good. American Iron Magazine did a write up and install/dyno of their products and numbers all look good. Their products are stock Harley items: headers and mufflers that have been reworked. The headers have had the Cat removed with a new"Power" chamber installed and the slipon mufflers have had the baffles reworked and feature replaceable baffles so you can tune to your sound preference. Also the interesting feature is you can send in your stock items to be "reworked" or you can order the "new" items and return your stock items for credit of $100 for the header and $75 for a set of slipons.
Just curious as to if anyone has had any experience with these products. I think might start out with a set of slipons as I am mainly just wanting to get some "Harley sound" out of my 2013 FLTRX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Subscribed. Considering Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipes (ceramic coated) and having the stock mufflers reworked by American Custom Exhaust as I like the look of the stock system but need to eliminate some of the heat from the stock head pipe.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Grey beard

Had their header pipe installed on my Street Glide at Delmarva Bike Week. Catless stock header. $200 installed. Good deal and saved me the headache of installing.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX
Old 12-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Hangaround

Subbed

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 FLTRX
Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Hangaround

I have the factory slip ons that were reworked. No complaints and decent sound. I considered having the headers done but gutting the cat myself was simple and free. If you cant weld, i would imagine it would only cost about 20 bucks to have it welded. Saves you $180 bucks on the headers at least. Would love to know what the "power chamber" is though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Prospect

I did the total set up and worked well. later decied to put a set of monster duals on if your interested I'll sell you my set of slip on's there in great shape and off a 2011 RG custon
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Hangaround

Yes I would be interested in your slipons. What are you asking for them? Send me a message with more details. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM

Had the AC slip-ons and catless header installed at Americade 2 years ago...got 2 sets of baffles and the black end caps. Drilled out the second baffle with six rows of 11/16 holes to give me three options...stock baffle quiet but louder than stock...drilled baffle plenty loud enough when you come on to her but quiet at idle...and no baffles loudest but not obnoxious...good deep rumble.

I have put about (25,000 kms)16,000 miles on the bike with this exhaust with no issues...for the money it is a tough system to beat and maintains the stock appearance with the EPA stamp on the mufflers
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Prospect

I would like a 100.00 for them you pay shipping. they have about 3000 miles on them always cleaned and polished they have the mid range baffle in them witch you can remove if you want

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.