Rider Insurance - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Motorcycle Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance Let's list our insurance companies here, what we pay them and if your experience with a certain company has been good or bad.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM

I have had Rider for over twenty years in NJ. Up until recently I never had to file a claim. Hurricane Sandy totalled two of my bikes, one a Harley and another a 2011 GSXR 750(sorry guys). After the adjuster looked at the Harley they came back with a figure, which seemed right for a 97 springer but not a Heritage Springer. I asked the guy if there was a way to appeal their settlement figure and they said they would get an independent co. to do a market study on my bike. A day later they came back with a figure close to five thousand dollars richer than the previous offer.

The second bike like I stated was a sport bike which I happen to get a great deal on, long story short I got more back than what I initially paid a year and a half prior. I recieved checks fast and was impressed with the co. overall. I know of a lot of others who did as well as I did as basically everyone in my area lost everything. I am sure you can find cheaper insurance but in no way could they meet or beat the compensation I got from Rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie U View Post
I have had Rider for over twenty years in NJ. Up until recently I never had to file a claim. Hurricane Sandy totalled two of my bikes, one a Harley and another a 2011 GSXR 750(sorry guys). After the adjuster looked at the Harley they came back with a figure, which seemed right for a 97 springer but not a Heritage Springer. I asked the guy if there was a way to appeal their settlement figure and they said they would get an independent co. to do a market study on my bike. A day later they came back with a figure close to five thousand dollars richer than the previous offer.

The second bike like I stated was a sport bike which I happen to get a great deal on, long story short I got more back than what I initially paid a year and a half prior. I recieved checks fast and was impressed with the co. overall. I know of a lot of others who did as well as I did as basically everyone in my area lost everything. I am sure you can find cheaper insurance but in no way could they meet or beat the compensation I got from Rider.
This helps me a lot. I called today and best price by $100 a year if paid in full. Price was $417 yr for my 2013 FLTRX with 8K in extras. Good to know they pay if you have to use it.