ready for a pipe but unsure!!! - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Dragos BikeWorks

Dragos BikeWorks Dragosbikeworks is an engine expert, give him a call with all your engine questions. www.dragosbikeworks.com

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj316 View Post
I'm changing cams also , pulling out the CR-575 and adding T-Man 625's , and changing pipes , everything else is being left the same
What change are you looking for from the cam swap?
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbell66253 View Post
What change are you looking for from the cam swap?
It's a long story but basically we have had trouble tuning the pinging out of my motor , it is slight and only at 100% full throttle , Frank looked over my specs and he realize the CR-575 cams had to little over lap for 10.5 compression , they need 10.2 or less , with my head work a stock head gasket would have given me 10.19 , we used a .030 head gasket for 10.5 compression , to solve the problem I can go back to a stock head gasket or change to a cam with more over lap , Frank suggested cam change , I talked to Dan Baisley of Baisley Hi Performance who did my heads and he said if it was him he'd change cams , Frank and Dan both liked the 625 for what I wanted , torque starting at 2200rpm's all the way to 6000rpm's , a nice flat curve , other cams will get bigger numbers but not as good of a curve , so I decided to change cams over head gasket , I told Frank if I ever had to retune the bike I'd switch to the Dragula at that time , so here I am trying my hardest to stimulate the economy , the rest of you need to kick in and do your part lol
2011 FLTRX 103 Power Pak , T man 600 cams , Baisley Heads , Zipper's air cleaner, TTS tuner , Dragula pipe , Hawg Wired amp/speakers/tweeter grills , custom Mustang Seat, LRS 12" , HID Head Lights , Dakota Digital Gauges , BR 1 1/2" Sweeping Beater Bars , True Track Stabilizer, Ohlins shocks / Ohlins forks, Jagg Fan Assisted 10 row oil cooler & so much more TJ Sunny Florida

Last edited by tj316; 12-31-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Life Member

Let us know how this works out. Italked to Frank about a year ago and i changed my cam for simaler reasons .Went to a T-Man 590 and couldn't be happier. And to the OP you can't go wrong with the Dragula
J Prescion Heads \ 10.5:1 \ T-Man 590 cam \ ThunderMax tuner \ Feuling cam plate and tensioners \ Jaggs cooler \ Progressive front end \ Dragos SC series pipe \ Top Shop Bags \ Hawg Wired ZX and RF inner fairing speakers 500 Watts and Lots more
Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Life Member

tj I'll be stimulating the economy a little more when Hawgwired comes out with the new amps and I can get them from Frank. In the meantime I'm making subtle changes. And as long as I stop looking at your bike and the job you did with the fans, etc, maybe I can save some $$$$$, I still have to get shocks also. ....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Prospect

Don't wait...call Frank.
I have a Thunderheader on my Lowrider, but I am excited about the Dragula I have on order for my glide!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Grey beard

dbell , I keep looking at your bags and rear fender , you are trying to make me spend more money , the only thing holding me back is this orange won't match up so it means complete paint job to change
2011 FLTRX 103 Power Pak , T man 600 cams , Baisley Heads , Zipper's air cleaner, TTS tuner , Dragula pipe , Hawg Wired amp/speakers/tweeter grills , custom Mustang Seat, LRS 12" , HID Head Lights , Dakota Digital Gauges , BR 1 1/2" Sweeping Beater Bars , True Track Stabilizer, Ohlins shocks / Ohlins forks, Jagg Fan Assisted 10 row oil cooler & so much more TJ Sunny Florida
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj316 View Post
dbell , I keep looking at your bags and rear fender , you are trying to make me spend more money , the only thing holding me back is this orange won't match up so it means complete paint job to change
Hey you started it, lol. And just think how much you can help the economy with a new paint job. BTW I may be changing the rear fender, check out True Kustoms G2 rear fender.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM

SO I TALKED TO FRANK, HE GAVE ME GREAT INFO...BUT WITH ALL THE GREAT INFO CAME SOME DISSAPPOINTMENT. I DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE. PIPE INTAKE AND TUNER/DYNO. THEREFORE I NEED TO WAIT. AND SAVE SOME MONEY. WHILE IM WAITING IWILL BE LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT DEALS ON NEW/USED PIPES.. MAN I WISH I DIDNT LOVE MY RGC as much as i do lol OR ID JUST BUY A PIPE AND SLAP IT ON AND RIDE IT WITHOUT THE INTAKE AND TUNER.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuchMMC View Post
SO I TALKED TO FRANK, HE GAVE ME GREAT INFO...BUT WITH ALL THE GREAT INFO CAME SOME DISSAPPOINTMENT. I DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE. PIPE INTAKE AND TUNER/DYNO. THEREFORE I NEED TO WAIT. AND SAVE SOME MONEY. WHILE IM WAITING IWILL BE LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT DEALS ON NEW/USED PIPES.. MAN I WISH I DIDNT LOVE MY RGC as much as i do lol OR ID JUST BUY A PIPE AND SLAP IT ON AND RIDE IT WITHOUT THE INTAKE AND TUNER.
Patience is your friend. Your bike will love you for it:thumbup:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Prospect

I received my Dragula and PowerVision today!
Not bad turn around time, approx. 2 weeks from order date.