CAMs Which one - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Tech Area

Tech Area For Tutorials and Instructional Materials

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Default CAMs Which one

Hey guys and excuse the Noobie-ness..
Just got my 13 Candy Orange and got the True duals and SE Extreme Billet air. SE Tuner... I would like to get a little more low end torque out of bike.. ( i also have an M109r and think i'm spoiled ) trying to do homework on it I see quite a few like the 777.. can some guru recommend one and tell me why if possible.. appreciate the learning experience..

only have 125 miles on her so I thought I would wait till the 500 mile service...
DAMN Winter!! in the freakin 30's or below at this time.. so cant really test the babe.. but seems to "hesitate" for a second when I roll the throttle. after im moving..

Thanks for the replies in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Life Member

You might want to do a search in the "engine" section. There is a lot of cam info in there already.

I am running the T-man 555tq cams and they have great low end torque, but I put a 107 kit on mine too so they may not be as beneficial for you. Your best bet is to call Frank at Dragos and explain what you have and what you want and he can recommend something. Jaime at Fuel Moto, or Scott at Hillside can also help. All are forum sponsors.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Grey beard

If you keep the motor at stock compression levels and want more low end (2000 rpm up)torque, the Wood 222 or Tman 555tq will make you happier. JMO

2005 RG 98cu in
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Hangaround

I've been looking at doing this also. After speaking briefly with Frank and Jamie, Frank recommended the Tman 555tq and Jamie the woods 555. The 222 wasnt available yet but i hear its making good numbers. I'm not a guru so I cant tell you why. If you have plans for future head work, they may suggest something different. I may go with the tman when the time comes but call them. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by dmiller; 01-04-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Life Member

If warranty might be an issue, take a look at the SE204. I put one in my otherwise stock RGU, REALLY like it.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonback View Post
Hey guys and excuse the Noobie-ness..
Just got my 13 Candy Orange and got the True duals and SE Extreme Billet air. SE Tuner... I would like to get a little more low end torque out of bike.. ( i also have an M109r and think i'm spoiled ) trying to do homework on it I see quite a few like the 777.. can some guru recommend one and tell me why if possible.. appreciate the learning experience..

only have 125 miles on her so I thought I would wait till the 500 mile service...
DAMN Winter!! in the freakin 30's or below at this time.. so cant really test the babe.. but seems to "hesitate" for a second when I roll the throttle. after im moving..

Thanks for the replies in advance...
If you go with cams other the moco your warrenty will be void if you have any kind of motor problems. I went with the SE255 cams. No warranty issue. Got 86Hp & 103 TQ.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Prospect

In California any cams factory or not void your warranty.
Bub Series 7 Stealth Mufflers
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Banned

The Wood 555 or 777 will be a little lazy on the bottom end if you don't increase compression. The Wood 222 has been available for some time now. Not sure why they are telling you otherwise... maybe they don't have any in stock right now. We have had good luck with the TMan 555 Torqsters and the Andrews 57H in applications like yours. Either of these will give better bottom end than the Wood 555 or 777.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Hangaround

So does more bottom end kill my top end or cruising ability with the tman 555?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Life Member

Went with SE 254 Kicks in at 2500 and stays with you to 6200 happy with my trq 108 mpg 42+ instal kit exact fit push rods and clutch spring.Works good with stock motor