GR8FLH- my build/mods thread - Page 25 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW

Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW Road Glide Builds. Please post photos of your builds to help the rest of us out. All information is welcome but please limit it to Roadglide builds!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Life Member

I have gotten a lot of my ideas for my build from your RG.. Thx for sharing it w/us.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Hog View Post
I have gotten a lot of my ideas for my build from your RG.. Thx for sharing it w/us.

Thanks Q-Hog. My pleasure!
But, those of you who have gotten ideas from my Glide, are taking it and running miles ahead of me!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

DED, your bike looks great buddy, Ill be interested to see how you like the new setup once installed. I'm thinking audio is one of the next things I'll tackle once I finish up this current stuff.......25 page built thread man, I got to get to work on mine!!

Keep up the good work
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBlack View Post
DED, your bike looks great buddy, Ill be interested to see how you like the new setup once installed. I'm thinking audio is one of the next things I'll tackle once I finish up this current stuff.......25 page built thread man, I got to get to work on mine!!

Keep up the good work
Thanks GoneBlack! New set up? You mean the saddlebag woofers? I will definitely give a report when i get them installed.
25 pages... yeah, but Ive been working on it for over 2.5 years though, literally adding one piece at a time. You haven't even been around a year and look at your December BOTM Road Glide, and its already getting a new look? Slow down and "enjoy the ride"!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Life Member

Nice job on the bike bud. Looks great.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DED HD View Post
Thanks GoneBlack! New set up? You mean the saddlebag woofers? I will definitely give a report when i get them installed.
25 pages... yeah, but Ive been working on it for over 2.5 years though, literally adding one piece at a time. You haven't even been around a year and look at your December BOTM Road Glide, and its already getting a new look? Slow down and "enjoy the ride"!
Yeah I meant the subs

As for mine, yeah, it's not stock anymore (since the ride home from the dealer anyway) but me and stock don't play we'll together LOL winter mods aren't much this year. Just a few odds and ends but I ride the piss outta it, considering my work schedule that is
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Grey beard

Shes looking great man!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM

Thanks for sharing your build. You definitely inspired me. I've been following and think that the custom details really set your bike apart.

2009 - FLTR - SE 110, D&D slip-ons, Alpine/Hertz/HAT/RF audio, RC Component Imperial Wheels 21/17 combo, BallisticCycle RG bars, TopShop rear fender and bags, More to come... JuicedHD...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Life Member

thanks Juicedhd

Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Thumbs up A couple questions on your amazing red RG

Your bike is amazing. Has inspired me to think about new ideas for my new 2013 RGC + tour-pak. A couple of questions on details I may have overlooked.

Where did you get the saddlebag extensions and were they chrome that you taped and painted like the tour-pak chrome trim pieces you have on the bottom of the tour-pak? I've been looking at the extended bags to match my candy orange, but liking how your black extensions fit the black theme. What was cost including painting and clear coat? Harley's color matched Extended bags are about $1200 so would like to compare. Could you provide more details about the acrylic insert. Did you modify the console to fit the LED lights under the insert? How many LED's did you use? How much was the insert? I saw your link to the sign company and wondered about etching the lower portion of the front windshield and hitting it with LED when parked. Did you discuss windshield etching with them? Also wanted to know what rubber gasket you used on the edge of the console insert?
How difficult was it to remove the inner fairing and how much did it cost to have painted. How many coats of paint and clear coat?