Road Glide banner

CAMs Which one

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Taccone 
#1 ·
Hey guys and excuse the Noobie-ness..
Just got my 13 Candy Orange and got the True duals and SE Extreme Billet air. SE Tuner... I would like to get a little more low end torque out of bike.. ( i also have an M109r and think i'm spoiled :D ) trying to do homework on it I see quite a few like the 777.. can some guru recommend one and tell me why if possible.. appreciate the learning experience.. :confused:

only have 125 miles on her so I thought I would wait till the 500 mile service...
DAMN Winter!! in the freakin 30's or below at this time.. so cant really test the babe.. but seems to "hesitate" for a second when I roll the throttle. after im moving..

Thanks for the replies in advance...

#2 ·
You might want to do a search in the "engine" section. There is a lot of cam info in there already.

I am running the T-man 555tq cams and they have great low end torque, but I put a 107 kit on mine too so they may not be as beneficial for you. Your best bet is to call Frank at Dragos and explain what you have and what you want and he can recommend something. Jaime at Fuel Moto, or Scott at Hillside can also help. All are forum sponsors.

#4 · (Edited)
I've been looking at doing this also. After speaking briefly with Frank and Jamie, Frank recommended the Tman 555tq and Jamie the woods 555. The 222 wasnt available yet but i hear its making good numbers. I'm not a guru so I cant tell you why. If you have plans for future head work, they may suggest something different. I may go with the tman when the time comes but call them. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

G
#8 ·
The Wood 555 or 777 will be a little lazy on the bottom end if you don't increase compression. The Wood 222 has been available for some time now. Not sure why they are telling you otherwise... maybe they don't have any in stock right now. We have had good luck with the TMan 555 Torqsters and the Andrews 57H in applications like yours. Either of these will give better bottom end than the Wood 555 or 777.

#16 ·
I also went the same way with the SE254E cam, runs great, good power increase too! Runs like a stock motor with just more power all over the rpm's. Love it great choice, could've gone bigger but I'm really with the decreased engine temp and fuel economy too! I always get 42+ mpg like qkshift too! :D

#17 ·
Installed the D&D Fat Cat 2:1 pipes and Thundermax on my '13 RG CVO 110". Getting only 30mpg ( I understand increased performance equals lower MPG) and I want to increase torque. Is the Stage 4 kit the way to go or the S&S cams, heads flowed and larger throttle body? Want increased torque from 1500-3,000 rmp range. Any suggestions? I'm not really concerned about the warranty. I know the SE cams are chain driven and the gear driven make more noise but which is more efficient?

#18 ·
Batbiker, yeah increased performance usually means decreased fuel econ. but certain parts may increase, like intake and exhaust with a spot on tune should give you same mileage. tho the extra power makes you twist the throttle more often, but also when I did a built motor in my old dyna, I was getting almost the same mileage on highway, city was piss poor because the cam choice made no torque in the lower rpms. So depends on how your setup is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.