2 questions for lowers w/speakers - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Aftermarket Accessories

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Hangaround

Question 2 questions for lowers w/speakers

I am in the process of adding vented lowers with cvo speakers pods to my '09 Road Glide.

1. will the speaker pods fit with Sancho wings installed?

2. will the lowers work with Cyclesmith banana boards, say the 19" or 21"?

please post your response if you have either of these items installed with your lowers, thanks.
'09 FLTRSE3, V&H power duals, Bassani 4" inverted slip-ons, SEPST - dyno'd, HD Sundowner seat, Wild 1 12" Outlawz apehangers, Drag design floorboard extenders, Iron Aces GPS mount, Zumo 660, Arc Audio amp w/Focal speakers, Vented lowers w/Focal speakers, Chopped tour pak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Life Member

I have lowers with J&M Rokkers. I had to grind a small amount off the Sancho's wings with a dremel to get them on. No big deal. Can't reply regarding banana boards

87hp 101tq
Contrast Chrome Agitators 19/18
Baggershield
Harley Hammock-Adj.Back Rest
King Tour Pac-Air Wing Rack(black)-Smoked LED-4 Pt.Dock-Black Latches & Hinges
Custom Dynamics LED's & Plazma Rods smoked front & rear with Magic Strobe
J&M 250w Fairing + Lower Rokkers
Saddlebag Bra
Hidden Multi-Color LEDs
Jagg Fan Assisted Oil Cooler
Kuryakyn Passenger detach. ArmRest & adj. pegs

Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM

I have 21" and you wouldn't be able to use them, the front of the 21" board goes forward and out then follows the shape of the crash bar and there will be interference with the bottom of the lowers.

19" should work since the shape flows back and should work with the bottom of the lowers
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Hangaround

jimmyray11349.....I appreciate that info, thanks

see1...thanks for the heads up
'09 FLTRSE3, V&H power duals, Bassani 4" inverted slip-ons, SEPST - dyno'd, HD Sundowner seat, Wild 1 12" Outlawz apehangers, Drag design floorboard extenders, Iron Aces GPS mount, Zumo 660, Arc Audio amp w/Focal speakers, Vented lowers w/Focal speakers, Chopped tour pak.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Life Member

I have the sanchos wings and the cvo speaker enclosures as well and there are no clearance issues what so ever. As far as the boards are concerned I don't know. I do have the floorboard pan swapped out with the harley forward ones which move forward an inch and I have no problems at all. Good luck.

Last edited by Easyryder01; 03-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Life Member

I have the 19s and they fit fine.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM

Sesupply2 be careful!!!!.....lol I am trying to do the same thing to my 2009 and I'm finding out it wont work because in 2010 Harley raised the front fairings on the bike .8 of an inch and 2 degrees more rake so they could use the vented fairings. I have been doing ALOT of research on this. Sorry but from what I see most of the guys that posted so far had 2010 or newer bikes. The problem is that the lower leg fairing is going to hit and the only fix is to cut a fairly large "notch" in them from what I have been told.
Now the good news!! lol You can purchase the brackets to raise your main fairing up like the 2010 and newers. I could not do this because mine is a CVO and the graphics would (in my opinion) look like crap because they would no longer line up. I actually found this info somewhere on this site! lol Here are the Harley part numbers for the new style brackets. Good luck and please let me know if this is wrong cuz I would love to mount some speakers down there and no one makes anything for my stock non vented fairings that I can find......

Harley numbers:
58454-10 Mount, LH/Frng - LWR
58460-10 Mount, RH/Frng - LWR
58530-10 MTG BRACKET - Frng
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Grey beard

[QUOTE=Harleymoose;360477]
Now the good news!! lol You can purchase the brackets to raise your main fairing up like the 2010 and newers. I could not do this because mine is a CVO and the graphics would (in my opinion) look like crap because they would no longer line up.

Harleymoose
I have a 2005 with custom paint and had the same problem as you refer to with stripes lining up. My solution was to raise the front of the tank 3/4 inch to realign the stripes. If you do a search (on this forum) for tank lift, you will find
a simple method to raise your tank, just adjust the bracket length mention in the post to suit your needs.

2005 RG 98cu in
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleymoose View Post
Sesupply2 be careful!!!!.....lol I am trying to do the same thing to my 2009 and I'm finding out it wont work because in 2010 Harley raised the front fairings on the bike .8 of an inch and 2 degrees more rake so they could use the vented fairings. I have been doing ALOT of research on this. Sorry but from what I see most of the guys that posted so far had 2010 or newer bikes. The problem is that the lower leg fairing is going to hit and the only fix is to cut a fairly large "notch" in them from what I have been told.
Now the good news!! lol You can purchase the brackets to raise your main fairing up like the 2010 and newers. I could not do this because mine is a CVO and the graphics would (in my opinion) look like crap because they would no longer line up. I actually found this info somewhere on this site! lol Here are the Harley part numbers for the new style brackets. Good luck and please let me know if this is wrong cuz I would love to mount some speakers down there and no one makes anything for my stock non vented fairings that I can find......

Harley numbers:
moose,

I've got a set of custom fiberglass speaker pods, for 09 non-vented lowers for sale in the classifieds. Set up for 6-1/2" speakers, and painted Vivid Black. PM if you're intersted. Id be willing to sell them seperate from the lowers.

jeff
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleymoose View Post

Harley numbers:
moose......I am way ahead of you on this, I already did the research about using the 2010 brackets to mount the vented lowers. I also have a 2009 CVO and I am not concerned about the graphics not lining up, if you look very closely at a side shot, they are not perfect to start with, and that was after the fuel tank recall was done which I believe raised the tank some. I have the brackets bought and will be installing them soon.