Dragos 2:1 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Hangaround

Default Dragos 2:1

Hey All,
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Dragula. Before I do so, I would like some unbiased feedback. I have spoken with Frank and have no doubt that his product is top notch as well as his customer service. My question is, is there a better performing exhaust for a comparable price? It seems like everyone here thinks his is the best, which is why I'm interested, but why is it better than these big name, "popular" exhaust manufacturers??? I know I am going to get a ton of opinions, but can anyone back it up with the numbers? I don't have big plans for the motor, cams is my next and last step. I guess in the end, I'm wondering why if this system is so good, why isn't it more well known? Frank, please don't take offense, I'm just trying to make the most informed decision before I spend my hard earned money. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Hangaround

Thumbs up

I can vouch for the "sound" (freaking awesome...exactly what a Harley is supposed to sound like).

Also, he coats the inside and outside of the pipes...plus I believe the headers are stepped which makes for great power.

Fit and finish are stellar...and the guy is a freaking Rock-Star!

Just my .02

Thanks,

D-
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Grey beard

You will NOT find another 2-1 for the same price point that offers the same performance AND the extras, like the ceramic coating in and out, and the dual size O2 sensor bungs, and no other pipe offers so many different baffle options for future upgrades either.

FM
Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Life Member

I think the only one that can give you concrete numbers is Frank. I can say it sounds great, and the fit and finish is great. As for performance I did a whole bunch of upgrades all at once and this was my first 2-1 exhaust so hard to say if it performs better than another. The stepped design is something I don't think you'll see with the competition and is where the extra performance comes thru I think.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 PM

Well, I had a T-header (2-1) on my Road King and I loved the sound, but it was way to loud for long runs. As for the 2-1 Dragula I have now, The fit and finish can't be beat. The ceramic coating cooled the right side down and it sounds Killer. I get compliments on it everywhere I go. I love the mean sounding growl it emits. I made the decision after listening to exhaust systems ad nauseam until I met a fellow forum member with a Drago's exhaust. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another set from Frank if needed. And his Customer Service is Second to None.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Life Member

Yea the sound is different from any other I've heard. Has a mean growl to it, but not overbearing at cruising speeds.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Life Member

Great exhaust!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Hangaround

Thanks guys, i heard somewhere about a performance guarantee. Not sure what it entails or if its true. Know anything about it? Or did i make it up? So why isnt it more well known if its so good? Again, not doubting the quality, just wondering.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Life Member

I don't own any of his products (yet), but from all I have heard on multiple forums Frank Drago's products and customer service are first rate. He is not a large company like V&H, Rinehart, etc., but that's not a bad thing at all - it gives him time to personally discuss with the customer their options, etc. Plus gives him time to give great advice on this forum! His pipes are made by a big company that puts out a quality product - Rush, I think, but made to his specifications, so I think you are getting the best of both worlds. He has chosen not to make as much profit and/or has lower overhead, so the customer benefits IMO.

Again, I don't even own his products (I am still in warranty and personally want to stay with what my dealer can provide), but when out of it, I will definitely be considering his products.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM

Frank makes top of the line equipment. what Frank doesn't know about performance haven't been invented yet. I would happily buy another exhaust system Frank. do yourself a favor, you won't regret it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
2011 FLTRU Because Momma wants me to be happy and because we all know deep down in our hearts that black bikes are faster! Thundermax TBW with Tman 555 tq cams, Drago's Dragula 2:1 exhaust and a Big Sucker. Lowered 1" with Progressive Monotubes and Ohlin 3-3s. SG rear facia, BAL-1, Daymakers, Diamond Plate Collection, 16" Madstad, J&M Rokkers with Bazooka 200.4 amp, Lenale fan, Harley Road Zepplin, 12" Wild Ones Chubby Outlawz and a G-Max 205-55-16 rear tire.