Daymaker Light Install - Install Problem - And Resolution - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Lighting

Lighting Lighting for Road Gildes

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
I did not even know there should be holes in the rear of the fairing. When facing the front of the bike and looking at the fairing I have one hole where the left headlamp adjustment screw would go. The other side is solid from the factory with no aftermarket modifications. I have an amp but it is installed much higher. Knowing that it is normal I should have just drilled a hole in it. Didnít think of that; damn, would have saved me some time. Got to think outside of the box sometime.
The inner fairing should have to headlight adjuster access holes, 1 hole on the left side lower center and 1 hole right side lower center. There is no access for the upper center adjuster with the fairing on, the access holes are about 3/4 inch in diameter. If the inner fairing is not adjusted correctly up or down on the main fairing mount the headlight adjustment access holes may be covered by the fairing mount. There are slots in the inner fairing that will allow for up and down adjustment of the inner fairing, just loosen the 4 nuts that hold the inner fairing on to the mount and you can slide the inner fairing up or down to expose the adjustment holes.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM

New to the forum.. have a 2012 fltru..just installed daymaker Sunday.. only problem I had was the wiring harness was in the way of the unit going back on. Caught, zipped tied it out of the way, no problem..love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Hangaround

The shipping protector on the center screw should be left off, that could be hitting to wiring harness. Also, make sure new wires don't get behind it.
I will agree, mine took a bit more maneuvering to get it to hook in.
2013 FLTRX Candy Orange 107 57H cams, Heads, V&H Monster Rounds, Jackpot header, Powervision, V&H VO2 intake, Daymaker LED headlights, 12" Buky Malo V1 bars, Self-painted inner fairing, Plasma Rods, Arlen Ness fire ring LED signals, Wind Splitter shield, J&M speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, stock speakers installed inside fairing, DIY air ride suspension, Mono tube forks
Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Hangaround

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of DayMakers for my Glide.
Is everyone just going with the aiming setup out of the box, or how are you aiming the lights?
Bassani Road Rage 2
Cobra PowrPro tuner
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM

Default Daymaker LED installed in 09 FLTRSE3

The install took longer than I thought it would take. First i checked out the new Daymaker parts - they add some weight - in fact, one daymaker headlight is about the weight of the original headlight assembly.... What I like is that the new headlight assembly brackets have metal reinforcements for the added Led fixture weight and allow for headlamp removal without removing the shark nose fairing. So, without the head lamps installed i was able to feel and see the hanger bracket making installing the sharknose fairing cover one hell of alot easier. Also, as i have a bunch of extra wiring harness in the shark nose as part of the past ipod and hogtunes additions, I had to re- route all the wiring i could to move it out away from additional space needed for the Daymaker lamp fixtures ; like I was saying the Daymaker take more space. Oh, and that Orange and white wire with the spade connecter is buried out of sight in the wire harness well - and easy to find when you carefully extract the additional headlamp wire coiled up in the well. I used only the parts provided in the kit - no need to change out the adjustment bolts. The change Looks good and the light from the Daymakers is abundant! Just like i wanted. Oh, the 4.5 mm socket for alignment adjustments is available from McMaster-Carr.

Last edited by Bronco Billy; 01-25-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Hangaround

Default 20 minute install

Installed my day makers with no problems, it is easier if you remove the headlights ( not the mounting assembly) to hang the fairing back on the hooks, and be sure the green tabs are firmly seated
2011 Vivid Black RG Custom, 117ci, Yaffe bars, D D Boarzilla, Alpine PDX F-6, 6.5 Alpine R's up front (4) and 6x9 R's in bags, Paul Jr- Rapture Wheels 23/17, monotubes w/ 1" drop, SMT contrast boards and bag latches, Daymakers. 6* PICKARD TREES, rides like its on rails....I'm through, not spending another dime....
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Hangaround

how long would it take someone to who wanted to steal them to remove them from your bike ? i want to get the daymakers but am afraid to spend $700 only to find them gone when i wake up. on my 2012 RGU it takes 10 seconds to remove the lights from fairing. are the daymakers hooked up differently than stock halogen set up ?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Hangaround

Location: So. Cal native currently in the Battle Born State of Nevada

They are mounted similar to the OEM lamps. I believe they would be no easier to rip off than the factory headlamps. Never heard of one being taken yet. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Veritas et Aequitas
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
New to the forum.. have a 2012 fltru..just installed daymaker Sunday.. only problem I had was the wiring harness was in the way of the unit going back on. Caught, zipped tied it out of the way, no problem..love it!
You can shorten them if you feel ambitious and are decent with wiring. In the secong picture, You can see the 2 holes in the inner fairing that the lower adjustment screws go through

here is a good thread on the Daymakers
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread....ight=daymakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Raining today so I decided to tackle getting rid of all of the extra wire. The adapter that comes with the Daymaker makes the harness 2 feet long!!!

I shortened mine to about 10 inches

Some of my observations if someone is going to do this...
1. I suggest leaving the length around 12 to 14 inches to allow more maneuvering in putting the nose back on. (I personally donít mind, but always easier to take more off than to add)

2. The MOCO has the 2 yellow wires (low beam) spliced together before going to each light. You have to keep this splice, or re-splice it your self, or one light will not work. ask me how I know ( I donít know why they designed it that way and havenít had time to look at the wiring diagram to find out.)

Just my 2 cents worth

these are the best lighting investment I made so far...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPounder View Post
Installed my day makers with no problems, it is easier if you remove the headlights ( not the mounting assembly) to hang the fairing back on the hooks, and be sure the green tabs are firmly seated
Ok, you answered an question about leaving the lights out before installing the fairing. This is how I always reinstalled my fairing anyway...much much simpler. I have a set of daymakers that I am going to put on soon as my garage warms up a little. I read several installs and was wondering if I could leave the daymakers out of the housing they are mounted in until the fairing was installed then put the daymakers back in. Are the daymaker lights held in my the same four Phillips type screws that hold the factory bulbs in place? Why can't I leave the Daymakers mounted in their mounts and wait until the fairing is installed then snap the green clips in place? I have done this several times on my factory lights and this always gave me the most unobstructive view to see the hooks that hold the front of the fairing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.