This may seem wierd, but... - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Paint & Bodywork Section

Paint & Bodywork Section Post your paint & bodywork questions and issues here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post
Have to agree with the others on this one . Its the one thing you see all day and it looks good . Any consalation had my Indy do the cut out for 2 RF 6.5 slim line speakers. And they did it with my Black Pearl paint job already done.
I have no problem cutting the inner fairing, I've cut tour packs and saddlebags, with great results. I did the cutting on my inner fairing also, but I will not be cutting the new one until I decide what I'm going to do, right now it looks like it will be sitting for awhile.
2010 FLTRX, Rev Performance 107, S&S 570G cams, Head work, Crank trued and welded, timken conv, PM 21" Wrath, TMax, Dragos Dragula, Top Shop bags and fender, Holeshot LED's, Carlini Bag Drag bars, too many more things to list, and suject to change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

I agree that the stock inners look much better on a black or denim bike than on any of the other paint colors, but somehow it still has an "unfinished" look to me. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - in this case that's you!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinharley View Post
Hey whatever makes you happy man. I was concerned about painting it because of the glare, but forum members say thats not true. I haven't decided either way yet.
Hey Scott, you better shit or get off the pot. Once that new baby gets there you're mod budget will fall to $0. Actually I'm kind of surprised it hasn't already with the thousands you have to spend on baby stuff. You have to have a changing table (no, the work bench in the garage isn't a suitable substitution!), a crib (no the soft sided dog's bed won't cut it, though I've never figured out why not!), a stroller (a shopping cart from the local grocery store - even one from Whole Foods - is not acceptable in the eyes of the in-laws!) and let's not forget the official Car Seat Nazi approved car seat - the two pillows your parents used for you are no longer acceptable by today's societal standards. And we haven't even begun to talk about how expensive diapers and formula are (there goes the beer money). So get off your arse and paint it now or forget it!

Last edited by Northwoods_Maine; 01-07-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Grey beard

I like the stock inner fairing with my denim black bike. Kind of matches as is as far as I'm concerned.

Stephen
SEPRT
16" TRSSC Cee Bailey Windshield
Sancho's Wings
Mustang Seat
J & M Speakers
Drago's True Duals
Apparently not as black as I thought...

Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
Hey Scott, you better shit or get off the pot. Once that new baby gets there you're mod budget will fall to $0. Actually I'm kind of surprised it hasn't already with the thousands you have to spend on baby stuff. You have to have a changing table (no, the work bench in the garage isn't a suitable substitution!), a crib (no the soft sided dog's bed won't cut it, though I've never figured out why not!), a stroller (a shopping cart from the local grocery store - even one from Whole Foods - is not acceptable in the eyes of the in-laws!) and let's not forget the official Car Seat Nazi approved car seat - the two pillows your parents used for you are no longer acceptable by today's societal standards. And we haven't even begun to talk about how expensive diapers and formula are (there goes the beer money). So get off your arse and paint it now or forget it!
You speak from experience my friend...lol..1700 on baby furniture last weekend. That was my painted inner and stretched bags...oh well, better get used to it. But luckily I got her to go along with "I need to do as much as possible this winter because after that the money is for the baby." LOL. So I got monotubes, blacked out front end, banana boards, iron aces mount and isimple cord, and a few others. So I can't complain. And going to register for car seats and shit, its a wonder any of us are still alive with the way they bad mouth yester years seats and saftety equipment. rant over...sorry Dbell didn't mean to get going...lol
Old 01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Life Member

too much trouble and cost to do the change. oem with vivid black ok by me glare or no glare

87hp 101tq
Contrast Chrome Agitators 19/18
Baggershield
Harley Hammock-Adj.Back Rest
King Tour Pac-Air Wing Rack(black)-Smoked LED-4 Pt.Dock-Black Latches & Hinges
Custom Dynamics LED's & Plazma Rods smoked front & rear with Magic Strobe
J&M 250w Fairing + Lower Rokkers
Saddlebag Bra
Hidden Multi-Color LEDs
Jagg Fan Assisted Oil Cooler
Kuryakyn Passenger detach. ArmRest & adj. pegs

Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Life Member

...sorry Dbell didn't mean to get going...lol

No apology needed, lol, I have five girls....from 1988 until 2007 the most modding I could afford on my bike was to get a new tire, now with the oldest three out of the house, and one soon to follow, I can finally do a lot. BTW I thought babies were expensive, teenagers ain't exactly cheap, lol.
2010 FLTRX, Rev Performance 107, S&S 570G cams, Head work, Crank trued and welded, timken conv, PM 21" Wrath, TMax, Dragos Dragula, Top Shop bags and fender, Holeshot LED's, Carlini Bag Drag bars, too many more things to list, and suject to change.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbell66253 View Post
...sorry Dbell didn't mean to get going...lol

No apology needed, lol, I have five girls....from 1988 until 2007 the most modding I could afford on my bike was to get a new tire, now with the oldest three out of the house, and one soon to follow, I can finally do a lot. BTW I thought babies were expensive, teenagers ain't exactly cheap, lol.
JEEZ! I was panicking with one girl. God bless!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM

i like the black inner too. I put a lil pig spit on it once in a while and it looks great.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Yeah, your weird LOL but if your happy with the OEM unfinished plastic inner, it's a lot cheaper and that's a plus!!