Superchips Vigilante - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Life Member

Default Superchips Vigilante

I read on Facebook, that the vigilante was released, and that he purchased it at Biketoberfest.

When I first joined the forum, there was discussion about this chip.

Their website says you can monitor it with your droid phone.
Anyone using it here?

http://www.superchips.com/Store/Vigilante.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyA0cPg5ls8

Trailers are for Boats!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmsw View Post
I read on Facebook, that the vigilante was released, and that he purchased it at Biketoberfest.

When I first joined the forum, there was discussion about this chip.

Their website says you can monitor it with your droid phone.
Anyone using it here?

http://www.superchips.com/Store/Vigilante.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyA0cPg5ls8
I've been curious about this critter as well. I know a guy that said he got one at Biketoberfest, but I haven't had time to talk to him about it. I'd like some info too

2014 GYPSY TOUR--Getting my kicks from Rt 6!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Life Member

I finally heard back from the folks at superchips (I sent them an e-mail after my previous post). The said that the folks that currently have them are doing beta testing for Superchips, but the unit should be available in the next 2 weeks, also said the direct cost would be $399 ( I assume this means direct from Superchips). Other than that, I got no other information.

2014 GYPSY TOUR--Getting my kicks from Rt 6!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Life Member

Default Re: Superchips Vigilante

They were advertising that chip at bike week last year and looking for volunteers, when I told them I had a 107, they said they were only interested in stock sizes at that time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
2010 FLTRX, Rev Performance 107, S&S 570G cams, Head work, Crank trued and welded, timken conv, PM 21" Wrath, TMax, Dragos Dragula, Top Shop bags and fender, Holeshot LED's, Carlini Bag Drag bars, too many more things to list, and suject to change.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Talking

I posted on Facebook I have a super chips vigilante I'm running it on a 2011 Road Glide Ultra 103 it's still pretty new and the tech support guys at super chips are on the ball. it does work from an Android phone or tablet you can tune a bike that way. I'm still in the experimental phase with this but I promise to keep everybody posted.....

Eddie
Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 AM

I bought the Superchips Vigilante for my 2011 Road Glide Ultra only upgrades are SE Intake and Vance & Hines True Duals used it for 6 months or so, I brought it up to them 2x for them to tune it, I just wasn't happy with the results, still ran hot and pinging. The Vigilante has only canned tunes and no way for you to adjust the tune unless you are a dealer and have the Pro software which as far as I know hasn't been released yet.I think that once they do some further development it will be a good buy.. They did provide great customer service, but my Power Vision came from Fuelmoto last week, I plugged it in, used the custom map that they sent already programmed in and away I went, in 6th gear about 2500 rpms had a slight pinging, sent Jamie an email and almost right away got a revised tune with the timing adjusted. Bike runs like a clock now! You can find the Power Vision on E-bay cheaper, but Fuelmoto includes a handlebar mount, visor, double the warranty & unlimited fuel map support.. For the $500.00 it was the best money I spent...
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Life Member

Default I'm Back

Been a while, but my question is still out there. I saw this hand held tuner in my J P Cycles winter catalog for 379.99. Has trouble code reader and clear, etc.

Anyone using this?

Trailers are for Boats!!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:59 AM

Default 2012 110" with "older" version but it works

I purchased the "plug and play" version in Sturgis....not the Android. Here is a pic: http://tunertools.com/prodimages/lar...igilante-1.jpg

It's a stage one set up. I only have headers and pipes (Classic dual Reinhart) and I'm really pleased with the improved performance. If I had an android and another bike I'd be willing to spend the money on their kit if all you want is basic tune choices and improved performance over stock vs. extreme tuning.

What it does: It removes the digital "lag" in the drive by wire for better throttle response. I believe it also raises the RPM a bit (I think). It removed the "Knock" and "Ping" from my stock tune and the POPPING on deceleration 100%. It "seems" more power and smoother with the tune (I've not dyno'd) but the for sure the seat of the pants performance is greatly improved. I've also picked up a few MPG.

I would suggest you look at the CVO forums on tuners if you are really trying to wring 100% of the performance out of the bike....lots of good research there. But I only paid $150, as it appears they were moving on to the newer systems, for this tuner and it worked for me.

It stores the original tune so you can re-program it if you feel like you're going to have an issue with warranty. There isn't a ton of info on this one....but I took a chance because they dropped the price so much and installed it/tuned it with me. Just my 2 cents.

Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness!