Mod time !!! - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Grey beard

Man you guys got that right when I traded in my 11 heritage after putting over 7000 in goodies I said no more I'm buying the rgu and I'm just going to ride it yea right I spent 3500 before I picked up the bike and that's me taking it all home and doing it myself. Then I was introduced to this awesome forum and I know it's been another 3000 or more and the worse part you really can't tell what all I've done just by looking at it and I still have a ton if things in my list

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM

This is where living down south can actually save you money. When I lived up north I had way to much down time to work with, being in TX now with no true winter causes me not to want to invest in the down time.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Prospect

Default Hold everything!

Had planned to begin the mod work this weekend.Glad I held off till now as the weatherman is calling for near 60 temps Saturday.Elsewhere on this site I read that some were going to be close to HELL.Might just have to find some way to get there also.Those in more temperate parts of the globe don't have this problem,their riding season lasts year round! Retirement time is just a few yrs. away for me and I hope to find someplace like that (New Mexico,Arizona). But until then I'll have to scrounge for any little chance to burn up the asphalt.Maybe next week I can return to the mod projects,then again maybe not!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Life Member

Yes this forum is hard on the pocket book. To many interesting and creative ways to personalize your ride.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

There's two consolations to the whole cost issue. First, you feel like an educated consumer when you go to order whatever it is you're buying because of time spent on this site. Poor quality products get exposed on here and the flip side is that good parts and vendors are also singled out on here. Plus our sponsors usually offer some great values. Second, at least you end up with a bike that is your vision of what your bike should be ...... whether that's a raked, slammed, bag-draggin' full custom ..... or a Stage 4 120 ci on the bottle "Power Crusier", or maybe just a fairly stock looking tourer with a ton of electronics, upgraded suspension, a barn door windshield, and a rider who thinks 800-1,000 miles days SHOULD be routine.

Pretty neat isn't it! So, despite our complaining about the number and cost of our mods, we smile really big when the UPS truck shows up at the door.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.