Arnott Air Suspension or Progressive 944s - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Suspensions

Suspensions Discuss all you Suspension needs and wants here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Hangaround

Default Arnott Air Suspension or Progressive 944s

Has anyone ridden or tested the two different types of suspension? Does the Arnott require the addition of the gauge and toggle switch? I have the '13 RG CVO ANN and I believe the stock shocks are 12" or 12.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbiker View Post
Has anyone ridden or tested the two different types of suspension? Does the Arnott require the addition of the gauge and toggle switch? I have the '13 RG CVO ANN and I believe the stock shocks are 12" or 12.5"
I have never ridden a bike with the 944s (have 444s on the shelf though) and I have Arnott air ride installed.....but the two are completely different animals

Air ride will require wiring the compressor and a switch. The gauge is completely up to you and wether you want to run one or not......I have one, but not running it. The air ride rides "good", better than stock, but the ability to lay your bike, out when park is just cool can't be done with a fixed length shock. If the "cool factor" and a decent ride is what your looking for, this option is for you

The 944s I'm sure will ride night and day better than air ride, and 200% better than stock. but your stuck at the fixed length of the shock. If the absolute best ride quality (of the two) is what your looking for, this would be the option for you

Oh and your stock length shocks should be 12"
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Hangaround

The 944s are 13" length but the stock are 12". I read that once you sit on the bike it drops 1" or more. Will the 944s at 13" screw up the balance of the ride? Also thing about the progressive fork spring kit. Has anyone done the two together? Any suggestions?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
The 944s are 13" length but the stock are 12". I read that once you sit on the bike it drops 1" or more. Will the 944s at 13" screw up the balance of the ride? Also thing about the progressive fork spring kit. Has anyone done the two together? Any suggestions?
Yes the 944s are 13" and your correct with the sag built into the setup they ride at 12" and no it won't through the balance of the bike off.....just ride a lot better then stock

Up front, 95% of the folks on here are going to recommend the progressive monotubes......can pick stock height, -1" or -2"......I'm running -2" up front Arnott air out back, I love the look and ride of both

What are your suspension goals?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Life Member

I bought a set of Progressive 944-4002UT rear shocks after all the research I found on this Great Forum. I am hoping they arrive soon so I can install them this weekend. From what I've read everyone speaks very highly of them. I also ordered the Progressive Monotubes -1 to complete the suspension.
Best of Luck on your decision.
Mike U.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Life Member

Quote:
I am runnin the 940's with Monotubes ~ bike does drop an inch when you sit on it ~ Progressive calls this Preload ~ using my fat ass to make it sit correct ~ I Love this Combo ~ Mine is also a CVO ~ now it rides & handles better ~ no cool factor other than miles ~ I think cool is in the odometer, the more miles the cooler. I will let you know about the Arnott Air ~ A friend of mine has one that I'm ridin in the next week or tow.
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM

I have ridden all three, arnott bilstiens, aldins, and progressives. The progressives are a better ride in my opinion, but the arnott's have the "cool" factor of being able to drop the bike when parked or adjust while ridding. Just my 2 Cents.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Batbiker, if the change is for comfort, than I would put the progressive on. I have had the Arnott on a different bike, It does look good but the ride was not there. I will not have another air system unless the bike is for SHOW ONLY. That was all this bike was good for, sold it and bought the Roadglide.

[IMG][/IMG]

2012 Maple CVO

Last edited by 02heritage; 01-19-2013 at 10:56 PM.