SE110 heads - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Engine Related

Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

Sponsored by Drago's Bike Works

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM

Default SE110 heads

I have a 2011 RGUCVO with a stock SE 110 w/Rinehart classics true dual , Thundermax auto tune. My question is... what can I do with the stock SE heads to get a little more hp and torque. Is it worth spending money on these or should I look to upgrade other components as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Grey beard

If you are bored with where you are at, I would say dump the 255 cams that are in their first and go from there. Just a cam swap would really wake that motor up, but a cam swap with heads to compliment the cams would be sweet.

FM

Last edited by Fire-Medic; 11-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM

Following on to Fire-Medic.. the 255 cam is a stump puller down low in the rpm range... but runs out fairly quickly. Longer pulls can be achieved by different cams. .. I've read where Fueling 574, andrews 54 work well in a 110. But.. I'm no performance expert.. but the first thing they will ask, is what you are unhappy with and what do you want to achieve..

I'd love to hear from the sponsoring experts.. Drogos, Hillside and Fuel Moto? Any suggestions?
2010 FLTRX - Stage 4 SE 113 - MVA Heads, 10.5:1, SE266E cams, 58mm TB, 5.3 gr/s injectors, Polished and plated motor and trans and a few chrome extras. Fullsac DX Header and Freedom Performance Classic 4" Slip-ons. Titan II 6.5 speakers with RF PBR300x2, Monroe Airshocks
1996 Tail dragin' Fatboy
Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfs4 View Post
I have a 2011 RGUCVO with a stock SE 110 w/Rinehart classics true dual , Thundermax auto tune. My question is... what can I do with the stock SE heads to get a little more hp and torque. Is it worth spending money on these or should I look to upgrade other components as well?
Afraid you may be looking at the wrong part to mess with. The heads can perform well with added compression (milling) and a cam change.
Power into the teens and 125 torque is possible. Want more? Then don't dabble, headwork with bigger valves, larger TB, and pistons.
The HD stage 3 kit piston and 259 cams plus head work has yielded 126/124 in my experience. More yet with a little more cam.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM

Default No head work

Talked to tech at dealership Saturday. heres what they recommend.
New 58mm TB
259E Cams
running SE110, thundermax auto tune with Rhinheart classic true duals
I still want ridablitiy with good tourque @ 3-6 rpm

Thoughts , comments ,or suggestions?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:57 PM
prodrag1320

headwork,S&S .570`s set @ 9.8-1 makes a very nice mild 110 build,we get 116/123,
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to faceracer
Default Depends how radical you want to go

I lost 15 ft-lbs of touque at takeoff due to changing from a 255 to a andrews 54. I am very happy with what I have now but according to doc It would have had better numbers with some headwork and stock cams and a good dyno tune. Just my two cents. Here is my dyno thread:

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=21882

I also believe the heads are too big for the 110 and the intake could be made smaller and gain some torque. My opinion after talking extensively with my local wrench who is doing allot of different setups for people. He is getting more torque out of 103's with cam and headwork. They also posted a dyno chart with 114 ft-lb of torque with a 2013 103 with hd's stage 3 kit. They had the bike on display with ask to ride sign!

Face
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM

Similar deal to the old HTCC on a 95". If a guy chose the right cam they made decent torque and were very rideable plus made power. They are not too big but get that way real fast with what seems like a standard issue cam for a 96 or 103 motor with stock or mildly ported heads. Try a cam with about 235 duration 103LSA 30 overlap or thereabouts and change the head gasket to a 30

Last edited by Deweys; 01-14-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Engine Expert

Send a message via AIM to Hillsidecycle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfs4 View Post
Yes, the headwork can/will bring more, and the correct cam swap will spread the power over a larger rpm band, and help tame some heat, vs that 255 cam.
Depending on your riding wants and needs, there are several options.
Happy to help..........
Scott
Dyno tuning
Extended Warranty Center
MMI Certified Mechanics
Stocking Dealer for;
S&S Cycle
Axtell Sales
Wood Performance
Horse Power Inc.
Andrews Products
Rivera Engineering