OBX Bike Week "Meet and Greet" - April 20-28 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Organize Rides Here

Organize Rides Here Use this space to organize a Glide Ride in you area!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Life Member

Default OBX Bike Week "Meet and Greet" - April 20-28

To any and all of the forum members who will attending the Outer Banks bike week this year... April 20-28, 2013

I know there are quite a few members on this forum from the Hampton Roads and NENC area and based on some other threads I'd suspect that many forum members in the Mid-Atlantic region will probably be attending the event.

If there's enough interest I propose that we set up a date/time for a meet and greet, get some pictures (perhaps making SWII look small), a short ride, and lunch/dinner at one of the local establishments (perhaps Lucky 12 Tavern on the beach highway). Maybe we can even get the "RG Flag" into the region for the event???

I can arrange a meeting location and reservations if there's enough interest and everyone can agree on a date/time.

Just throwing it out there.....

'12 Candy Colbalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=135593
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Life Member

I am all for it. I love to see fellow sharks out there on the road and it would be cool to show up to a bike event in force.

If there is enough interest I could get my wife to do some picture shoots with your bikes. She doesn't have much interest in riding, but she loves taking pictures of the and there are some really cool places to do photo shoots down that way.

A couple of lighthouses and the beach is always cool for pics of our land sharks. And if anyone else is from around this way and knows of some really cool places that would make good back grounds for pics please let me know cause we are always looking for new places to do photo shoots of bikes at.

Great call on this one Tony. The RG flag being here would be F'ing awesome
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Life Member

I was hoping that you took the "photo shoot" hint. I didn't want to volunteer her services, lol. Guess all we can do now it sit back now and see where this goes.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Life Member

Love to meet up with a few of you if work allows. To outdo SWII, you'd outnumber the OBBW activities all together. I'm about 2 hours away and the only reason I would go again would be to meet some forum members. The "rally" has been an utter disappointment ever since it started. Last year we were asked, more than a few times, where everything was. We could only answer "this is it", which really pissed some people of that had actually taken vacation time to attend. You can ride all you want, but theirs not enough rally activities to fill a day, let alone a 10 day event. This is, of course, my opinion but has been echoed by many others. If not for short rides between the few spots of activity, you could do/see everything in a couple of hours.

Life is Good
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Life Member

I do see that its been shortened by a couple days this year.

Life is Good
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Life Member

Not trying to discourage people from visiting the Outer Banks, its beautiful. Just don't come thinking their is a ton of motorcycle related stuff happening. You'll be disappointed. Instead, ride the coast, enjoy the sunshine (hopefully), and see a few lighthouses. When your done, take a loop back towards Greenville and stop in for a visit.

Life is Good
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Not trying to discourage people from visiting the Outer Banks, its beautiful. Just don't come thinking their is a ton of motorcycle related stuff happening. You'll be disappointed. Instead, ride the coast, enjoy the sunshine (hopefully), and see a few lighthouses. When your done, take a loop back towards Greenville and stop in for a visit.
That was kinda my mind set as well, and mostly for those already set on heading this way. It's a great place to vacation, which most do, and it's a nice place to ride. If there are forum members coming, whether it be 1 or 100, let's get together.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Life Member

I'm subscribing. I went last year just to say I rode NC Highway 12 start to finish with the ferries included. Me and my riding buddies called it the lighthouse tour. Also got wet since it rained a lot, especially on the ferries. Lots of bikes, not much in the way of activites/vendors. Good food, great scenery. I hope the road gets fixed from Sandy. Washed out a lot of places.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Life Member

Totally agree with it being a disappointment. Thats another reason why I would like to meet up with some fellow sharks. Actually make it a good time this year instead of what it has been.

I plan on doing the complete outer banks loop this spring. Should be a good time with alot to see while riding, and if I plan it right maybe beat the vacationers so the traffic isn't so bad.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM

I will be down there for a conference, so my trip to the rally is free!
Would definitely be interested in a meet up.
Cheers
Ian