Danny Gray Airhawk - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Default Danny Gray Airhawk

Has anyone tried an airhawk seat from Danny Grey? I am looking at the long haul 2 up xl for my skunk, and would appreciate any first hand input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Life Member

I'm taking my Mustang Regal seat to upholsterer tomorrow to have an Air Hawk cushion installed under the upholstery. Should be equivalent. I have been riding with the cushion for a few weeks and enjoy it very much since I have gotten the air pressure figured out.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtech40 View Post
Has anyone tried an airhawk seat from Danny Grey? I am looking at the long haul 2 up xl for my skunk, and would appreciate any first hand input.
Thinking about the AirHawk seats as well. Its a big investment to make without getting to try one first.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM

I've got the Airhawk Big Seat and pillion. It takes a little trial to get the right setting but I think it's one of the better upgrades I've made. I would recommend it to anyone who inquired as to what seat it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtech40 View Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Grey beard

I am currently deciding between a Danny Grey Longhaul (without Airhawk) and a Mustang lowdown. Really didn't want to buy either without seeing and trying. Just so happens my local dealer has the Drag Specialties demo bike on display. It has a DG Longhaul Airhawk. As it sits I really don't like it. Feels very hard. I will add that this one was installed with the Yaffe stretched tank so it was the one specifically made for that application. Wasn't as narrow in the nose as the regular version would be. But as far as the seating area goes I was not that impressed. And when sitting on it and filling the air bladders it just felt really weird. I think it might be ok with just a foam surface and not having those air bladders inserted in the foam.
Heritage bars - Python slip-ons - Vance & Hines Dresser Duals - Ness Big Sucker - PC-V - Custom Dynamic LED Clusters and Dynamic Ringz - Biketronics lighting modules - Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight & Passing Lamps - BrightAssLight BAL-3ST taillight
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM

The key with the airhawk is to not overfill it. You want just enough to start to lift you off the seat so air flows through. In the summer it helps with air flow. I know it's not for everyone nut I'm happy with mine.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM

I have the airhawk long haul and a mustang vintage solo and for me it is the Mustang for comfort and the Danny Grey for looks.
I've rode all day on the Mustang and had no comfort issues and no matter how I set up the airhawk pad 2-3 hours and I'm ready to get home.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Hangaround

I have the DG Airhawk and it is amazing. First of all their customer service is absolutely "world class" and I am about as "high maintenance" as it gets. Ay first they installed the 2 small Airhawks where the butt bones go and it did not work very well for me. I contacted them and they took the seat back and put in the full 1 piece system (same system that goes in the topper pad) and it is fantastic. Couldn't recommend them or the seat more!
2012 SERGC, 120r, 58 mm SE TB. Boarzilla,SERT,custom Danny Grey ostrich,bullhide,distressed brown leather Airhawk w/Drivers backrest, sissy bar pad,TP Pad,Ohlin 6's,HD Double Cartridge front,extended front controls,Chubby 502's, Cee Glide 16, Zumo 665 w/custom fairing mount,Focal KRX2 front,Focal 7X10's rear, 2 Arc 125.4 amps Chopped Matching TP with CVO graphics
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Hangaround

seatsingle.jpgseatsingle.jpg[QUOTE=Perlinal;377155]I have the DG Airhawk and it is amazing. First of all their customer service is absolutely "world class" and I am about as "high maintenance" as it gets. Ay first they installed the 2 small Airhawks where the butt bones go and it did not work very well for me. I contacted them and they took the seat back and put in the full 1 piece system (same system that goes in the topper pad) and it is fantastic. Couldn't recommend them or the seat more![/QUOTE
Here it is in the single setup.
2012 SERGC, 120r, 58 mm SE TB. Boarzilla,SERT,custom Danny Grey ostrich,bullhide,distressed brown leather Airhawk w/Drivers backrest, sissy bar pad,TP Pad,Ohlin 6's,HD Double Cartridge front,extended front controls,Chubby 502's, Cee Glide 16, Zumo 665 w/custom fairing mount,Focal KRX2 front,Focal 7X10's rear, 2 Arc 125.4 amps Chopped Matching TP with CVO graphics
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Hangaround

Full Seat with TP Backrest.jpg[QUOTE=Perlinal;377158]Attachment 19354Attachment 19354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlinal View Post
I have the DG Airhawk and it is amazing. First of all their customer service is absolutely "world class" and I am about as "high maintenance" as it gets. Ay first they installed the 2 small Airhawks where the butt bones go and it did not work very well for me. I contacted them and they took the seat back and put in the full 1 piece system (same system that goes in the topper pad) and it is fantastic. Couldn't recommend them or the seat more![/QUOTE
Here it is in the single setup.
And with the full setup with rear seat and TP.