Custom Bars Atlanta area - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Controls & Handlebars

Controls & Handlebars Controls and Handlebars for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
I may have to check them out, been thinking about going to a taller bar

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
If you get over to this side of the state you're welcome to take a look at mine. I live about maybe 20 miles from their factory
2013 Roadglide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl. Madstad 13 inch windshield, KSTKustoms 16 inch 'Mayhem' apes, Mustang lowdown seat, Ohlins 2-2a rear shocks, Comfort rear crash bars, Airwing tourpak rack, 360 adjustable highway pegs, 'bright ass light' taillight, Boom speakers and amp, Daymaker headlight, Motolights running lights...buncha other crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBite View Post
If you get over to this side of the state you're welcome to take a look at mine. I live about maybe 20 miles from their factory
Cool, I'm down in Augusta, so that would be doable, just gotta get time off, lol!

Thinking about riding to Garvin's house just to drink all his beer!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
Cool, I'm down in Augusta, so that would be doable, just gotta get time off, lol!

Ok, I spend some time in Augusta but I'm straight out I-20 and so is their factory....if you think about coming out this way send me a PM in advance
2013 Roadglide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl. Madstad 13 inch windshield, KSTKustoms 16 inch 'Mayhem' apes, Mustang lowdown seat, Ohlins 2-2a rear shocks, Comfort rear crash bars, Airwing tourpak rack, 360 adjustable highway pegs, 'bright ass light' taillight, Boom speakers and amp, Daymaker headlight, Motolights running lights...buncha other crap
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBite View Post
Ok, I spend some time in Augusta but I'm straight out I-20 and so is their factory....if you think about coming out this way send me a PM in advance
Will do!

Thinking about riding to Garvin's house just to drink all his beer!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Sharkbite, KST makes a quality bar, polished stainless and attention to detail is top notch. They were at BBBQ and had a set (one off) of the style of bars I had been looking for. Unfortunately these were a custom order that they brought to the show and not for sale but they were happy to come out to my RGC to let me see what I thought of the rise. Perfect. I ordered the bars a while back and plan the install this weekend. Great guys to work with and great customer service. I'll take pics of the install and post when finished.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM

Took a few pictures of the bars today and did some measuring. Just using a hand measuring tape it appears that the bar drops about one inch on each end because of the bends. Measuring from the grip to the bottom, above the bottom bend, the bars appear to be about 12 inches when you take out those curves, even though they are referred to as 16 inch. I'm pleased about this as many that seem to have the 'other' manufacturers bars get the 10 inch and then say they wish they had gone with 12's. Being short at 5'7 and having my seat lowered about an inch I think these will (hopefully) be perfect for me. For others that are taller I THINK they offer a 16 inch that would probably work well also.

Spent this morning cleaning the bike up 'cos the weather is still crappy here and snapped a few more pictures that maybe show the height a little better. I have them leaned back to where they are not even with the forks, just slightly back from that.

Last edited by SharkBite; 01-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Hangaround

This link will show you how to proerly measure your bars if you want.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/pna/p...ar_measure.jsp
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM

Hey Sharkbite, you wouldn't happen to have a side shot you could post would you? I would really appreciate seeing it if you did. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromehorse96 View Post
Hey Sharkbite, you wouldn't happen to have a side shot you could post would you? I would really appreciate seeing it if you did. Thanks!
I didn't get one from the side but I'll try and remember to take one and post it later
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromehorse96 View Post
Hope this helps....the one from the right side is more of a 'natural' angle....the left side I had to kinda duck down to take

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.