Honda F6B vs. CVO Roadglide - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Grey beard

Location: Main Residence Perth Western Australia, Secondary Varna Bulgaria, Satellite Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_gary View Post
Bottom line is , I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than see a brother on a Honda.
+1 well said. HD riderís smiles start in our bollock but show on our face.

Veritas Vos Liberabit{the truth shall set you free}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Life Member

I saw a black FB6 today with a regular Goldwing windshield and a few other extras, since it was black and all the plastic is black it didn't look too bad, but it still hasn't grown on me. There was a crowd of onlookers, but most of them were on other metrics so......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 04-28-2013, 08:47 AM

I say one also yesterday, most of the bikes visiting that shop were wings. Good group of dudes. When I look at the back I still think Pacific Coast.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM

With all the discussion and the fact that I am getting a bit of cabin fever due to my not being able to ride for another 8 weeks due to shoulder surgery I stopped by my local Honda dealer since my local HD dealer closed my nearest location back in December.

Anyway I actually got to see one of these up close and personal and got to set on one.

I have to admit it felt pretty good on the showroom floor. Very easy to get off the side stand. To be honest it felt very much like my ST1300 on STEROIDS. The seat and handle bar position was comfortable. Seat was very wide and long. I think it would be a comfortable ride for all day trips. I think it is still a bit over priced considering you have to go to the top of the line model or deluxe to get the center-stand or self cancelling turn signals. I've never understood why self cancelling signals is such a big deal for bike manufacturing. It should be considered a mandatory safety feature.

I think the wife would be comfy too if you add the back rest front and rear.

I still can't quite warm up to the back end . looks like they couldn't decide what direction to go with it.

I think the biggest drawback is it doesn't come in YELLOW.!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
When I look at the back I still think Pacific Coast.
Thats it. I knew it reminded me of something else.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Life Member

From the comments above, I think most guys who love Harleys don't want anything but an HD - I'm certainly one of them! But, there are a lot of people that aren't into the Harley thing, and I am sure the F6B has an appeal. I have to hand it to Honda - they do try to push the envelope in terms of their bikes - some models don't work out so well (like their DNS-01 auto), but others work very well, like the GW and the Valkyrie. But no doubt, Honda does try to explore what the motorcycling public (old and new) may want.

All the talk about soul, and in particular Honda's lack of it - I think that is all in the eye of the beholder. I had an 87 Honda SuperMagna which I thought had a lot of soul.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNerdGuy View Post
Right off the bat, the morons said it was an Anniversary CVO, and it ain't. It is a CVO, but not the Anniversary model.
I had a hard time taking the article serious when they couldn't even get the correct name of the motorcycle they were reviewing.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Grey beard

Had a couple guys stop by the other day, one of them was on the new F6B Honda he has had for only a couple days, he said he doesn't like the OEM paint quality on the bike and wanted some ideas on doing a nice two tone color scheme on it.

This bike is pretty much all plastic body panels (lots of them) with the only metal being the frame and some of the hidden engine parts, the black paint didn't have much depth to it really, not a bad looking bike i guess but it seems it would appeal most to the over 60 crowd.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:38 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I say one also yesterday, most of the bikes visiting that shop were wings. Good group of dudes. When I look at the back I still think Pacific Coast.

I'm glad I read all the posts because that was exactly what I was going to say! They tried it before with the PC800 I believe to get at the younger crowd not ready for a full blown GW. I can't remember if it was popular or not. I know they quit making them. I bought my first touring bike 20 years ago (26 yrs old) and it was a GW. Rode it across the country several times and then always thought it was too much bike for the ride to work or a short ride around the lake. When I picked up the Road Glide with the detach tourpak I knew I had the best of both worlds for bike, plus it was all HD! This was what I had been missing...and I won't be missing it anymore!!!