Road Glide banner

New Madstad is On......Happy With Results

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Captain13 
#1 ·
I installed the new Madstad after picking it up on a trip to Tampa last week.

Mark wanted me to bring the glide but I had to go to North Carolina after Tampa and couldn't bring the bike. I want to thank Mark for taking the time to work thru the size with me. He and his crew are all about customer service and satisfaction.

I got the windshield on but only had 1 inch at the bottom for the space. It was fine with 1 inch and 57 degrees until I hit 70 mph and then I got some buffeting. Since I didn't like the brackets sticking above the mounting shield, I flipped the brackets and reset the shield to a 2 in bottom spacing at 57 degrees. What a difference. The test drive today went to 90 mph on I-75 with no noticeable buffeting. Just a nice breeze. I may bring in the bottom a little more and then set the shield to 57 degrees just because I like the closer spacing look. If that creates buffeting, I will reset to 2 inches and 57 degrees. I always ride with hearing protection but decided to try riding without it today. It was smooth and no buffeting/ear popping running at 70.

At 70, it actually feels like my helmet has slight pressure from the rear. No shaking glasses or any other negatives. I am extremely happy with the shield.

Thanks to Mark and the team at Madstad. This is an amazing change to my Road Glide. It's nice to be able to listen to the radio on the interstate and to read the road signs again.

For reference, I'm 6'3" with a 34 inch inseam and selected the 16 inch shield. With the bottom of the shield even with the bottom of the mounting shield rubber seal, I am looking comfortably over the top of my windshield.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't say enough good things about the MadStad.

#5 · (Edited)
Just bought a 13" light smoke off a forum member and I am sold. Took a stab at set-up by averaging measurements from other members and am pretty satisfied with the results. I ride an '03, am 5'8", have 10" mini-apes, Sancho's, engine guard deflectors and pretty much ride with a slight slouch on a stock seat.... I have the shield set at 57 degrees with a bottom gap of 2" and top gap around 2-5/8". Got the top about even with my schnoze. As all RG owners do, I'll probably putz with settings... but I think I nailed it !!?? :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I still may bring mine in a little closer for looks but right now, I'm happy. I did flip the brackets so they aren't sticking up over the fairing top. Sweet ride at highway speed. A lot quieter without the buffeting. Just a nice breeze.

#8 ·
Moved mine in to 1.5 inches. Got some buffeting at 75 mph but is was very smooth around big trucks on I75. Came home and moved back to 2" at the bottom and 57 *. That was very smooth before but I got a little more push off the trucks last time at that setting. I will try it again now that the winds have died down here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.