Road Glide banner

My formula for engine power

5K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  qkshift 
#1 · (Edited)
After 7 HD I think I have it figured out regarding a formula for performance and engine power:

- Gotta do Stage 1 with bigger AC, tune, headers and pipes. Check.
But.......
- A different cam will provide more tq at my touring sweet spot
But.......
- If I'm doing the cam, why not also do the cam plate upgrade and higher capacity oil pump
But............
- With all that labor cost, why not do the ported heads too
But................
Why just port the heads? Do a larger displacement with bigger jugs and pistons
But...........
If I'm doing all that, why not just go to a crate engine?
But................
L O L -- gotta love motorcycles.
DOOF

#5 ·
When I had my 04 road king with the 88 ci I remember thinking it would be nice to move up to the new 96 ci (at that time) ..

Then when i had my 07 Ultra with the 96ci I remember thinking how nice it would be to have that 103 ci....

Now I have the RGC with the 103ci and I WILL NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THE 110 !! Nope... aint gonna do it.. never gonna happen....
Im good where im at....

#7 ·
THNX !
You are more help than you know with the info you share --

yup, I know where I *want* to be -- the true formula is:

1. A cam with more "touring" tq such as the 222
2. Stronger cam plate & oil pump
3. Keep the heads, pistons & jugs until my warranty runs out in SEP !!

Santa is most likely going to quell my urges - for now - with a 2-1-2 header.

Then maybe in late AUG I shall travel to ILL !!!!!

#13 ·
the quest for scaring the hell out of yourself

we can, via megabucks, get a harley to haul ass. i'm currently getting the motor in my 2013 roadglide built with more cam, c&c ported factory heads, vance and hines 2 into 1 pro pipe, sepst, etc. and then when i get the urge to really get that "thrill ride" experience, i just hop on my triumph rocket III. that 2300cc motor makes for a true gorilla bike. but i sure enjoy the comfort, sound, and feeling that our harley's have.

#16 ·
IMO, cam it, see how you like it! I'm saving up for cams now. Lost a little torque when I decatted and slipped on those CFR'S!

#19 ·
The formula for getting gobs of power out of a Harley is very simple. It only has one ingredient.

MONEY! :eek:

#21 ·
I am happy with my header muffler breathe and cam upgrade on the 103 good smooth Trq.at highway speeds two up riding most of the time and boss and I are not what you would call tiny.I get good gas mileage the motor is smooth and quiet.If someone is Fn with me I can get up and go pass with ease.I think you have to ask what you want from your bike a get there first bar hopper or a tried true good touring bike.I wanted good street horsepower.The quest for more is always the beast we live with.But as soon as you think your the top dog in the pack some mutt kicks your ass!and it starts again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.