Votes: 98 57.3%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • why would i name a bike

Votes: 32 18.7%

Your Bike's Name

34K views 257 replies 207 participants last post by  maddmoe 
#1 ·
As I posted photos of my new RG on Facebook, a friend asked me what my bike's name was. I have never named a bike, but it did make me think for a bit.
So dose anyone else have a name for their shark? If so, what is it, and how did it get it's name?

#4 ·
Stella

When all the cards are down, there's nothing left to see,
There's just the pavement left and broken dreams.
In the end there's still that song, comes cryin' like the wind.
Down every lonely street that's ever been.
Stella blue...

#6 ·
My bike is named Herman. Named it in honor of the previous owner who was a retired marine that died of a heart attack at age 53, 4 months after buying the bike new.

#7 ·
I never named my bikes until I started coming to these web sites and noticed others doing it. So I started naming mine as well. But I only refer to the bike as a name when posting here.

Anyhow, the new bike is named Monika. She's named after a little red-head hottie I used to work with whose hair is the same color as my Candy Orange RGC. Monika is very sexy. Both of them!

#9 ·
The Sportster I rode for 15 years was the first one I named. Lucielle/ Lucy. Partly just because I liked the name and partly because shit kept falling off that old AMF. Had to ride with one hand to try and catch nuts and bolts as they'd vibrate loose. lol

My '03 Deuce is Annie, as in Anniversary model.

My 11 RGU is Danielle/ Big D. Danielle after a gal at and ad agency that sent me several contracts for some commercials I was in that ultimately paid for the bike. Big D because Danielle starts with a D but also because my silver and blue bike is damn near perfect Dallas Cowboys colors.

#11 ·
The only time I've I have ever hit the ground on a bike (or a horse) has been on my 07 RG. Almost ashamed to admit it but it has happened twice so "Lay Down Sally" is what seemed appropriate.

#13 ·
My V-Rod turbo is named Betty Boost after my mom Betty.
My RGU is named Lucille after my favorite Aunt who died near her 103rd birthday. Since it has a 103, I named it after her.

#18 ·
"Big Blue" what else....yeah, not too original. The choppers name with personalized plate is "CHIVO", spanish for young male goat. The ape hangers reminded me of the horns on a goat.

#19 ·
My first Harley was pinstripped by "Itchy" Ottis, ever since then they all ended up with Itchy, I get called that at work once in a while. Here's a pic of Kelly putting the final touches on the Roadglide.

#22 ·
I considered "Starry Knight" because the Big Blue Pearl looks dark and slightly twinkley from many angles in the shade, but decided I didn't want a name purely based on a factory paint job--so I don't have one yet. :eek:

#27 ·
I used the word Lymey way before I had the bike. I used to watch the HBO show Deadwood, the saloon/brothel owner used to refer to people as lymey c?nts....lol Then when I decided on paint...LYMEY was born!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.