Road Glide banner

13" macko

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  captainoverdrive 
#1 ·
Ordered mine today, Hats off to West, not only was he very helpful, he also made a great deal over the phone on price and shipping.
Great start to a great experience I hope!
Read a lot out here from all of you about fit and performance, I tink his will be my last shield.

#3 ·
Missed that deal, but he did make it count, not 50% but a good discount anyway, I hope I like it as well, this will be my 3 rd shield, hope it's the last!

#5 ·
The stock one, a 12 And 14" HD wind splitter , did not know about is forum so it was trial and error, sold the 12 , using the 14 right now.

G
#6 ·
I have the 13" in a lite tint and really like it. With less than 3 hours to go on the 50% off sale I decided to order another one. This time I ordered a 12" clear. If the 12" works as good as I hope then it may become my summer shield. Come on SWIII.

#10 ·
i am 6' 3" and ordered a 13", but i am also running a 21" front wheel and a 17' rear

#13 ·
I received my 13” Mako and finally got a chance to test drive it. While it definitely is not a Madstad, it works very well and looks 10 thousand percent better than a Madstad. I ordered the med tint, but it’s a very dark shield, looks like everyone else’s dark tint. The 13” stand 7.25’ about the radio unit, perfect height for me, I see over it very well. The Mako provides good Buffeting relief, just not as well as a Madstad in my opinion. FYI in 6’ I ride with a full face helmet visor up most always, stock seat.

#14 ·
Follow up on the MAKO, 13 installed, best shield ever, rode 100 plus yesterday Doing errands, wife and I just returned home from morning breakfast run that turned into morning round about!
She loves it
Looks like a good investment on my part!
Thanks LRS great product

#15 ·
My 15 dark comes tomorrow, I'm geeked. Will zip up to Ann arbor tomorrow evening for a good test. I got the 15 because they said it would be the same height as stock which is great for me

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

#18 ·
13" mako

Ok, installed test ridden and by far the best shield for me!
And the wife is happy as well, Win Win

G
#25 · (Edited)
They had a special on Facebook and I got my 12" Clear Mako for $50.00 and that was after their "Promo Price"!!!!! During the promo I bought a 13" Lite Tint. Just like any other vendor we have, you need to pay attention to anything and everything that they may do. If you call in your Order you'll also find that your shipping costs are less than what is quoted online.

#32 ·
I know this is an old post, but can you see over the 12" mako? Im also 5'11" and want to order one. Also have 12" windsplitter. Love the view but hate the wind noise due to the sides being so much lower

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.