Road Glide banner

What did you do to your Road Glide Today?

3M views 22K replies 2K participants last post by  Roosterman623 
#1 ·
I've seen these threads on other forums, and they can go on forever. Just some place to post what you might have done in any particular day.

I'll start with this past weekend. I went out Sunday morning intending to ride down the road, any road. When the first 40mph gust of wind hit me, I changed my mind and headed over to Iron Pony instead. It being early Sunday, and the service dept was open, I decided to get the new tires I was needing. So, a few dollars later I ended up with two new Dunlop American Elites and new pads on the front brakes. They were out of the Metzler ME880's, but these are new model Dunlops, and it appears they only make two sizes so far, both just happen to fit my bike. Web site says more sizes coming in 2011. Only have about 300 miles on them, but so far they seem to be good tires. Holds the wind well :D (Sunday was VERY windy, almost got blown over getting off the bike)

Next up, Progressive 940's are on the way.

#5,941 ·
That's just wrong GB. It doesn't look like the shoes are on the girl. You couldn't let us see what size she's gonna be wearing? LMAO. What I see looks really good.
LMAO........not yet installed, shipped and enroute :D

Maybe a must attend CA weekend ride 2014 to see the end result :confused: I'm sure ill break down with some pictures when the rain starts to fall. In between doing Richie's winter installs ;) he's in the confidential mode also

#5,942 ·
Well alright then .... CA wknd it is. BTW RR has loose lips. I've read a cpl post and he's not near as confidential as yourself lol. I'm anxious to see both rides when the curtain goes up.

#5,944 ·
#5,946 ·
LMAO........not yet installed, shipped and enroute :D

Maybe a must attend CA weekend ride 2014 to see the end result :confused: I'm sure ill break down with some pictures when the rain starts to fall. In between doing Richie's winter installs ;) he's in the confidential mode also
I'm not secretive at all. Look for a December air ride install party at my house. Trying to out do the mutt and mutter monkey bar install. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#5,947 ·
#5,950 ·
Road it to Estes Park. Usually a 33 mile 40 minute ride through the big thompson canyon. 18 miles of the road are now gone so the shortest way there is 138 miles one way. The church outside of allenspark still stands but it was a close one. Lots of rock and mud slides, homes and businesses gone, the town of glenn haven mostly washed away.
That is pretty bad. My wife and I were lucky enough to have ridden US 34 from Loveland through Big Thompson Canyon to Estes park and then on through Rocky Mountain National Park and it was one of the best rides I have ridden anywhere. Seeing the damage pictures is very saddening.

Attachments

#5,955 ·
#5,957 ·
Took a ride with my brother who was looking for a new leather riding jacket. Nice day for the ride and he found what he wanted. The man wears a size 58 and he sure filled it all up. Then back to my garage and discussed our winter mods over some cold brew.

#5,958 ·