Road Glide banner

Texas Meet and Greet, April 2013 UPDATE

14K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  Andyman 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got off the horn with the folks at Koyote Ranch in Medina, Texas. I've set up a scheduled "event" for Thursday- Sat nights, 4,5,6 April, 2013.

Currently they have 31 "kabins" (they spell everything with a K) available for that weekend and lots of "kamp" and RV spots.

Here's the deal on getting an event booked. If 10-19 reservations are made, each res will get a 10% discount at the time you check in and pay the balance. If 20 or more are made, each res will be 20% off.

Also, if 10-19 res's are made, we get the Party Barn to ourselves for $175 (half off) for a half day. If 20 or more, it's free for a whole day ($600.00 reg price). I've notified them that we want it on Saturday evening.

I was thinking that Saturday night would be a good chance to throw down A serious dinner. At some point we'll need to ride 20 miles up to Kerrville and empty the beef section at H.E.B.

Unless the Party Barn is reserved for a given day, anyone can use it- so we may be able to take it with no payment anyway, but we'd have to share it with anyone else that may stumble in. But they DO have grills and tables and everything else needed for a group to gather.

Below is a link to Koyote Ranch. When you call tell them you're booking for the "Shark Week 2.5". Administrators, if there's a problem with that name please let me know and I'll have it changed. I had to come up with a name and I just blurted that out.

http://www.koyoteranch.com/

They are NOT holding reservations for us. Naturally the later you book, the fewer the choices. I for one, will be in a tent.

I've already got a Saturday ride in mind, a nice little 200-ish miler up to Kerrville then past Hunt along the Guadalupe River and above it's headwaters. Then down to Vanderpool where there's a cool (no K here!) motorcycle museum. Vanderpool intersects RR337 and the beginning of the 3 Sisters, a 140 mile run.

Please PM me when/ if you book there so that I can keep a headcount without calling Koyote all the time.

edited to add: Y'all don't have to be from Texas to come. The more the merrier!
GiddYUP!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I will probably 99.99% be there. That other .01% is for all other bullshit.

EDIT: Booked. I will be staying in an RV.

#3 ·
Ok, just finalized my booking and have scheduled the time off from work. Count me and my wife in.

#4 ·
Excellent. I realize it's 6 months out but I'm already looking forward to running the route in your pic with a bunch of other RG's!

Ahh, RR 335, my favorite of the 3 Sisters. What a road!

#6 ·
reservation made for me and my wife

#7 ·
Just booked a Kabin at the Koyote. Should be an excellent time for all.

According to the lady (Chris) that took my reservation we got the last Koyote King Kabin available and they are filling up fast. If your interested in going and staying at the Koyote you might want to act quickly to reserve a spot.

#8 ·
Thanks for the update, TripleJ. You're staying in a real nice one. I've stayed in the Kamp Kabins several times, a Getaway once and camped there twice.

For those of y'all that are unable to for sure make it but are really interested, consider this. If you make a reservation and have to cancel they will give you a raincheck. You won't find better accommodations this close to The 3 Sisters. If you've never ridden them but have it on your to do list, if you can't make this M&G and have to postpone, when you do make it down you'll already be hooked up.

We're up to 4 firm members now, a few more and we can own the party barn for free Saturday night!

Just a sidebar- the moon will be less than 1/4 and slimming while we're there. Makes for some great star gazing. They're big and bright, you know!

#13 ·
I'm sure we can squeeze you in somewhere. Of course there is, but you might want to go back to the OP's first post and click on the Koyote Ranch website link to give them a call and book a spot/cabin/rv spot as soon as possible. April sure is a busy month for that area for bikers as it usually is good riding weather time.

#15 ·
Sounds Good

I've been to Koyote a few times for Texas PGR events. Very nice place. Kabins are modern and well maintained. The last few miles on hwy 16 into the ranch are a total blast of super tight twisties and elevation changes. I also love riding the Three Sisters and other hill country roads. The Willow City Loop, north of Kerrville is really cool.

I'll try to make it, but will probably not stay at Koyote.

#16 ·
Got my tent site reserved. Lots of them available. For those thinking about going that route, the area on the hill has no shade but they do have electric and showers nearby. I'm down in the forest in the shade with only potable water, fire pit, picnic table and a short hike to the showers.

The gal said there are now 4 reservations made for SW 2.5.

#21 ·
Small world Lbuoys. When we get closer to the date, maybe we can coordinate. I'm probably heading back Saturday night. Did you get your CVO from Mancuso Crossroads?

#24 ·
As Triple J mentioned earlier I'm in. I may bring another hillbilly or two from Kentucky with me but probably won't know for sure till the time draws near. I've been wanting to ride the Hill Country for a while now and in the immortal words of Gary P. Nunn....

'I wanna go home with the armadillo.
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene.
The friendliest people and the prettiest women
you've ever seen' :D

Man I can't wait!

#30 ·
Just booked an RV spot for the event. Great place been there before and across the road at Escondito. Awesome riding looking forward to meeting you folks. BTW I make #6 on the reservation list.:D
Excellent that you decided to make it but you must edit your post, if the better half sees your mention of the Escondido Spa its gonna cost me :eek:

Just kidding, glad you can make it as its gonna be a blast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.