Road Glide banner

Sancho's wings YES/NO???

28K views 103 replies 76 participants last post by  lostboy792 
#1 ·
There have been a lot of people on this site that have purchased these Sancho's Wings and seemed to like them. It has been quite a while since anyone has posted any feedback. I am thinking of ordering a set for my Road Glide, I would like to hear if those who bought theirs still like them.

#2 ·
i got em. i like em. good guy. good service

#4 ·
+1

No complaints except for the aftermarket screws...they don't seem to be flush with the wings mounted. Not a huge deal though. Great product, great customer service. I have people asking me about them all the time, and they do work. From what I've read, it seems they work more on the models before HD changed the angle of the shark nose. I have a '12 CVO, and I noticed a change for the better, but not as drastic as others have stated. This may also be due to the other parts I have for airflow management...I have the tree-mounted baffle, and the fork mounted baffles that come standard on the ultra, so I didn't have a hell of a lot of wind anyway. GF seems to like the change quite a bit, though. For the money, though, it's a definate "must buy" item. Make sure to ask/PM Sancho about the forum discount.

#7 ·
I figured I'd add this, too. Last weekend, I rode from San Diego to Las Vegas and back in 2 days (stayed the night in Vegas...awesome!). I never even thought about wind...it was about 750 miles in 2 days.
If they're doing their job, you'll forget they exist :)

#9 ·
I've only had mine for about 1,500KM but like them. I also have the dog dish/air baffle between the forks, Mustang seat, and a CB 16" TRSSC windshield.

Stephen

#10 ·
The Sancho Wings work well but they do have a few draw backs IMO. I have 3 sets the first set broke when I was putting the tie downs on the bike in my enclosed trailer so that was my fault so then I order 2 more sets. The wings deflect the air but they also catch more air so they will affect MPG's some and handling because you can feel more turbalance in high wind conditions. Also they kinda look like Dumbo ears on the bike IMO but sometimes you have to give up looks over function. I mounted mine on the (painted) inner fairing the best I could but they rubbed the glove box doors and rubbed the paint right off from the vibration were they made contact, you may want to pay closer attention when mounting the wings making sure they don't make contact with the glove box doors or trim the wings some which would be better IMO. I had my inner fairing and glove box doors repainted and I decided on leaving the Sancho Wings off the bike this time.

#15 ·
I have a dark tint wing on each side. I notice the difference after the install. That was last season. After a while they blend into the skoot. Sancho Wings have a excellent warranty and service. Its nice to know after you buy they are there for you 100%.

#17 ·
I love my Sanchos wings!! Just my .02

#18 ·
I was worried about the look of them too. It makes my ride more enjoyable and helps keep the bugs off my clothes.:p I would definitely rather have them than not and wish I did now that I can tell the difference.

#19 ·
+1 on the wings, after a couple of thousand miles you take them for granted. Work extremely well. 13" Windvest, Sanco's and HD Wind Deflectors. It's like a new ride.

#21 ·
Hell I've broke about 5 sets now,.. but I'll never go back to never having them. To me they are just part of the bike, and I don't even notice them on the bike anymore.

#23 ·
David at Sancho's Wings is quick! I sent him a PM Monday evening, Tuesday afternoon he answered back with how much and his paypal acct. name. I put the money in Tuesday evening and today (Wed.) I get an email saying that my wings have just shipped.

#24 ·
Well after a 100 good posts ya think it would be enough but here's 101.

They are the best mod of all to stop wind buffeting IMO. The go hand in hand with HD lowers and HD crash bar wind baffles. When summer comes the lowers come off but the Sancho wings stay on.

I only broke one wing one day monkeying around one day . Had the same set on now for over a year and a half with NO proplems at all.

#27 ·
Kudos to Sancho. I bought my wings about 6 weeks ago and didn't know about the forum discount until a couple days ago when I read about it here. I wrote him yesterday afternoon and he refunded me the discount last night.

That's a square trader, y'all. Pleasure doing business with someone like that, and the product works.

Thanks, Sancho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.