Road Glide banner

windshield

5K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Rsmith 
#1 ·
whats the best wind shield to buy

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum from Central Jersey, and get ready for a myriad of suggestions. Windshield choice depends on factors such as your height in the saddle and of course, aesthetics. Don't rush into it, you have all winter to investigate. Lots of past threads here, so good luck.

Hey, check it out...I am now a "Prospect" !!

#10 ·
Had the same question but a lot of research in the Forum really helped. Ask yourself what do you want it to accomplish? Do you want to look through or over it? Do you want an acrylic or polycarbonate? Curved, recurved, yada yada yada :eek:. How much do you want to spend? That said plenty of positive reviews from many companies here. There is no one best windshield, just the one you find that fits your riding style.

#11 ·
MadStad.

#14 ·
Another vote for Madstad. I'm 6'3, 270lbs and the stock windshield had "issues" that I didn't like. I read all the reviews, and decided that it was cheaper to buy one slightly more expensive shield that was fully adjustable, than it was to experiment until I found one that worked. The fact is, this shield works good and the looks grow on you. It must grow on others too, as I've had several riders ask what kind it was and a few ask if they made them for batwings!!

#17 ·
Haven't used a madstad,I'm sure it works great.I have an 18" clear mako for winter,and can't wait till warm weather to try the 13" dark mako.

#18 ·
For me ...Windvest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.