Road Glide banner

CA weekend ride

45K views 551 replies 31 participants last post by  lundboy1 
#1 · (Edited)
*****DATES: FRIDAY 5/17/2013 - MONDAY 5/20/2013*****
*****IT'S A GO GENTLEMEN*****

Rooms are $85 a night and they have both single king or two queen rooms available. OAKHURST LODGE www.oakhurstlodge.com.....The reservation number is 1-800-655-6343 or 559-683-4417 you will either need to speak with Jules Allen (gerneral manager) or tell them that you are with the RoadGlide.org group......the hotel has 60 rooms and we have 30 reserved for us, half the hotel :)

Tossing around the idea of putting together a Weekend (3 or 4 day) trip for the guys/gals out here in CA in the spring/early summer. If there's enough interest, I don't have a problem doing all the leg work :confused: maybe with the help of cough, cough.........RichieRich.......cough, cough. That's right buddy, I just volunteered you :p

Obvious it's aways away, so there really are no details of yet, just ideas........ Timing would be dependent on the winter we have. Depending on who's going and where the bulk is coming from, it could be a Friday-Monday deal which would leave 2 full days to ride plus the 1 day to travel there, 1 day to travel back

First thing that comes to mind is staying in Sonora/Jamestown each night and riding the Yosemite area one day and the Sierra's the next. Plus to this would be, being in the same hotel room each night and loading unloading once, ride the amount your comfortable with and being able to head backup anytime you wanted. A pretty centrally located spot within CA and if any NV people wanted to come

Second thing that comes to mind would be heading out of the Sonora/Jamestown area in the morning and riding Yosemite then the back roads up in to the Tahoe area, staying the night and riding the northern Sierras out around Lassen, hat creek and Burney Falls staying in Burney then heading home the next day. Problem I see with this is that the last day would be a long travel day for some of the SoCal folks (we would be ending east of redding)

Open to suggestion and ideas, rough dates, places to ride/stay, etc. Most of all just kinda throwing this out to the folks on the west coast that would like to get together and ride, get to know each other, maybe have a beer or two ;) , and just have a good time. Figure if we can get even 10-15 folks from here and half of that bring someone that's not on the board (doesn't HAVE to be a RG!) we could have 20-25 bikes and a real good time with some kick ass scenery and riding

Don't need a head count, just curious if there some real interest in this idea of mine......

See less See more
#314 ·
My situation is coming a little more clear now. I'm overseas during the week leading up to the weekend. I was hoping to be able to fly back home on Thursday, but now it's looking like I'll arrive stateside on Friday morning. I can still bug out of O.C. Friday afternoon/evening, but will probably have to join up with the rest some time on Saturday.

#342 ·
Boy, that's a lot of direction changes and turns :eek: I know you don't have GPS so I hope you either have a way to read map weakest going down the road ( :rolleyes: ) or finally figured out that whole "cell buckle" thing ( :eek: ) LOL

Ass better be there come Friday evening bro!! :p LOL

#320 ·
Ok, I talked to Jules today at the Oakhurst Lodge. We have only 8 rooms reserved and if by May 1 we do not have more rooms booked the room rate will revert to their regular rate, which is $107 a night, instead of the $85 per night if we booked a block of rooms......SO LETS GET THEM ROOMS BOOKED!!!!

#321 ·
Lets go guys, this is a pretty sad showing so far :eek:

Oakhurst is an easy half day ride (max) from all of us!! Even if you can make fri-sun let make a showing and show all these east coast gatherings how its done! More to see in that area than you could even imagine, let alone Yosemite Park itself :D

#324 ·
GB,

How many are signed up and reservations so far? I may have a friend joining me on a Glide as well. I told my BMW friend to STAY home! Lol

Bill

#325 ·
Mshell's last report said 8 rooms reserved .... not enough to get the discounted room rate :mad: ... so I say invite the beemer rider !!!!

glad to hear your locked in Chrome!!!!

hope this trend keeps going ! maybe we'll get the block of rooms done yet!!

#329 ·
Correct......as of Wednesday afternoon there were a whole 9 rooms booked SMH all the roads are open and will be nothing but kickass riding and all we can get is 9 rooms so far!!

Come in guys, everyone was all gung-ho at first now the time has come and this is it :confused: we have 100s if not 1000s of members on the board from CA and the location is about an afternoons ride from most places in the state........even if you can't leave til Friday afternoon and have to head home Sunday, don't miss the opportunity. Plus $85 a night right outside Yosemite during "peak season" is about as good as you'll get

To everyone already booked, bring whom ever you can. We'll pull over at a few of the outlooks inside the park and take a few pictures just to show all the other guys what they missed out on :)

#336 ·
Okay, It's May 1st. 16 days till we start riding up to Oakhurst. For those riding up from So. Cal. I assume you will be riding up I-5 through Valencia (Magic Mountain) and head up 99 to 41 into Oakhurst, correct?

I know there are some coming up from the San Diego area and am trying to figure out a meeting place and time to meet you guys along the freeway.

I can also map out some stops every 80 miles. :D

Bill

#337 ·
Looks like I'm gonna be out. (now who's the rat bastard?!) I turned down a day of work $$, but just got a call for three days of work $$$$$$. Can't pass that up sorry!

#339 ·
It's 85 miles from Valencia to Bakersfield Harley. RichieRich might be able to make that run. Lol

We could meet you there then make a 75 mile run up to Bravo Farms to eat. Great place and they have gas for RichieRich.

Then make the final 72.5 mile ride up to Oakhurst.

Shit, I hope i finish putting my new bars on by then. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.