Road Glide banner

JL Audio XD 200/2

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spyder_63703 
#1 · (Edited)
I ran a google search and a forum search but have yet to get the info I need. I have the boom speakers. (I know horrid). I picked up the XD 200/2 for a price I couldn't pass up. Looking to mount it on top of the radio bracket but unsure if it will fit and the bike is in the shop ATM getting head work done so I can't look at it. Thanks for any info!

#3 ·
With mine it wouldn't fit on top of the factory radio without pushing the inner fairing up and not being able to seal so I got on youtube and looked at the brackets people were using in kits and made my own. Used some heavy gage aluminum and mounted it to the fairing support brackets under the headlights on the right side as you ride the bike...barely fits but it fits in there.

With just getting rid of the Harley speakers and the amp I can cruise in a 20-30 mph headwind and hear things just fine with no distortion from the speakers. I did use a DMM to voltage set the amp with a 1khz test tone though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.