Road Glide banner

Antenna Relo

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  skator 
#1 ·
#2 ·
just did it and its no where near the wheel! theres 2 torx screws holding the antena mount bracket i took them out rotated the bracket foreward and put one screw back in along with a zip tie.theres no way its getting into the wheel.i had to do something as im putting stretched bags and a fender on this winter anyway.so it beats buying a hidden antena wich i havent read anything good about. they get the same reception as stock so i see it as a win win 10 min job.

#3 ·
My bags and seat are coming off anyway so I'll do this while I'm at it. Seems simple and if the reception sux you can just switch it back in 10 minutes.

#5 ·
decent cheap way to hide the antenna. have to see if it will be rubbing against anything when placed there.

#21 ·
Thanks Chrome. I've had a hell of a time getting that (closed) plug. The dealer keeps ordering the open one, which I obviously already have.

#18 ·
I did this yesterday... What a simple idea. Zero issues with reception or motor noise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Wow, don't I feel stupid for not thinking of that myself. Too obvious a solution I guess. I'll be doing mine for sure, but I think a couple of cable ties are in order here. Of course if you don't do it now so many will do this that the plugs will be on backorder for 3 months and the price will double!

#20 ·
So true... I used 2 zip ties and triple checked the antenna was no where near tire or belt.

Plug cost $1.80 at dealership.

Stuff like this is why I love this forum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.