Road Glide banner

Favorite seat for HD?

9K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  vontoughguy 
#1 ·
What is your favorite seat (and seat company for that matter) for mostly 1-up and some 2-up riding? Solo seats with passenger pillion fine as well as one piece. I know there are several of others, and hopefully I did not forget too many major contenders. Thanks.

OOPS! Hit the button before my poll went through. Look below for post with poll! Thanks again!

#2 ·
my favorite seat for harley's touring line has to be the 09 stock roadglide seat. i bought one from a friend of mine which came off of his 09 roadglide, and it fit great on my 08 streetglide really well. last saturday i bought a new roadglide ultra, and the stock seat on my 2013 rg ultra compresses in a short time. the 09 seat was much more comfortable and it didn't look dorky at all. the seat on my new bike looks comfy, and is comfortable, but only for an hour or so. then i find myself fidgeting and it just ain't working out. i'll be searching for another 08 or 09 stock roadglide seat and store the stock 2013 seat. that 09 seat follows the lines of the console on the tank and looked great on my streetglide and i'm sure it'd be a better seat on my new bike. it's firm, but corbin seats are also firm and you get used to them and they just fit the human butt.

#4 ·
Corbin Classic Solo is the best that I have found. A little firm but that's what you want for long distances. Leather too, not vinyl !

#7 ·
Russell Day Long with backrest for me.

#15 ·
Here's mine. Sorry the system won't let me upload my pics of seat, says I have already uploaded it in another thread. Look at Corbins website. With Corbin you can choose from alot of different leathers, vinyls, designs etc. at no extra cost except for the new (real) stingray material they are offering.

#10 ·
I've used Mustang for for close to 200,000KM and liked every KM. I ride solo but do have a passenger pillion if I need it. Takes a bit to break in but once it does it's like heaven for your butt. lol

Stephen

#11 ·
The most comfy from HD that I've had was the 09 and later "low" seat. Hadf one on my 09 EGC and it was flawless to ride and good for 600+ miles a day. Other than that I like Mustang seats after they break in, never had a Corbin, but I hear that they are pretty comfy after broke in.

#12 ·
Don't laugh

My favorite is the stock seat on my 08 anniversary.... still comfy after all these years... :eek: :)

#14 · (Edited)
I am leery about trying new seats. A little more costly than shields if they don't work. With that being said I always found the 2007 and 2008 stock Road Glide seats to be very comfortable. Pretty much the same seat with a different pan for the newer style mounting. It has a narrow and low profile but is still pretty comfy for long distance. Best part is the passenger area is wider, has more padding and doesn't slope down at the tail. I tracked down a used one for my 2009 EG Classic and I will be trying to find one again rel soon. I think I am gonna eventually break down and try a C&C since they seem to get rave reviews.

If anyone happens to have a stock 08 seat sitting around I might be interested in buying. Would prefer one that is barely used.

Here are a few pics of the 08 stock RG seat.

#16 ·
2012 Road Glide CVO seat, perfect for short and longer rides. Leather and 2 piece ... I have only the solo on it.

#17 ·
Here is a pic of my 2012 CVO seat

Attachments

#22 ·
an update to my previous post on an 09 rg seat

i was at the harley dealership last week getting other stuff and just asked the guys at the parts counter if the stock 09 roadglide seat was available. to my surprise, it is available new from harley. i think it was 260 bucks. they ordered it for me and i'll be comfortable once again. the bulky but soft foam of the 2013 rg ultra seat just didn't work out for me at all. it was wonderful if i only go for an hour ride. beyond that, it was really uncomfortable so i decided to go back to what i know works for me.

#23 ·
Just went with the wife to the HD dealer to pick up some soft lowers as the cold weather threatens to move in. To my surprise they had a Heated Hammock in stock from a customer who didn't want it. To make a long story short, we left with it and it is an exponential improvement for the passenger and for me it feels like a totally different bike......a vast improvement over the RGC stock seat....and the heat is pretty nice.....thanks to the guy who cancelled his order I saved over 35%!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.