Road Glide banner

LePera Custom seat program

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  EricT 
#1 ·
Any had any dealings with LePera and ther custom seat program? Looking at there sorrento seat with a couple of options. Undecided on if adding there Gel Pads or not. BTW customer service is on point up to this point. They are sending me some swatches as well as a sorrento seat to see if I like the look on my scooter. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
I had some great dealings with Le Pera. I had originally purchased a Super Villain from a "distributor" and decided it wasn't going to work for me. So, I called Le Pera to discuss my options and they offered to take it back for the price I paid and apply it to a custom seat of my choice. I ended up with a nice Daddy Long Legs Maverick. The coolest part of their program is they offered to let me ride the seat for a while to make sure I liked it. I ended up having them do some custom work and also the gel. The only thing I didn't do was the back rest, which in hind sight, I probably should have, but, still love the seat the way it is. Going direct with their custom shop is not cheap, but, you will get what you pay for.

Here is what I ended up with. Not crazy, but, just enough for that subtle custom touch...

Hope that helps!

E :cool:

#10 ·
I called le Pera today to see how I could try some of their seats out on my bike. The girl on the phone, Kerry said I may want to just ride up to LA and try a few out. Was hoping they had a program where they would ship it to me. I do want to get a custom seat but I have already tried 3 different HD seats and didn't care for them. I may just take the 2.5 hour trip up there to try a few and pick out the one I want while there. But before I do that , do you mind me asking how much yours came out to after all the custom work was complete Ernster?

#3 ·
I've had 5 different Lepera seats over the years on 3 different bikes and must say they are top notch.I really don't even consider anyone else anymore. Donna put one on her bike too and she's very satisfied.

#4 ·
Just did a Maverick Daddy Long Legs in full leather with gel front and passenger, and a backrest. Excellent seat, but what was so good about these folks was their customer service. I originally did the test seat thing with an Outcast DLL as I was looking for a one-up seat with a minimalist pillion. I rode with the seat in foam, then sent it back with instructions after discussing it with them.

While my seat was in line to be built, I changed my mind and wanted to switch to a 2-up seat (new girlfriend). I called them and they went into the shop and intercepted the Outcast off the shelf and made the switch, and even with that beat their build estimate by almost a week.

Beautiful job + very happy girlfriend. Gel seems to be worth it and the backrest is much better than my Corbin.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses, I knew I could count on you guys. They hbae sold me with the customer service and I am sure I will exceed my initial budget because of that. That said I should be receiving some color match swatches today or tomorrow and from there I will go with the demo seat they are going to send out the closer my scooter is to being ready.

#7 ·

Got these in the mail from LePera today. Will wait a few more weeks before haveing them send the demo seat to me. Just waiting on bike to get closer to completion!

#9 ·
Thanks just trying to match it up with the bike......I like the fact they sent too many versus too few!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.