Road Glide banner

Question on Speakers, Rokkers or ????

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  JMJOHN 
#1 ·
So ive had my RoadGlide two weeks now and I am already to upgrade my dull stock speakers. What I do know is i am going with two RF PBR 300X2 amps ( one for front speakers and one for some saddlebag speakers. My question is should i go with the Rokker 7 1/4 in the bags and fairing at a whopping $600 for two pairs or go with some kickers, JL, CDT etc in the 100-150 per pair speakers. I want big sound, no distortion and to be able to hear a little bass at cruising speeds. Just not 100% sold on paying premium for the Rokkers. I also plan on adding the two extra fairing speakers near the glove boxes to one of the amps later on. Thanks ahead for your input!

#2 ·
You GET what You pay for!

Do urself a favor and call Frank @ 815-765-1790 ,... after you call Rob @ 510-894-2999.
Get ur Specs and info down , b/4 you call Rob man, cause he knows his shit, and WILL NOT try to sell you one thing! But I guarentee you this, he will convince you!
Then call Frank and order ur Goods!
Hawg-Wired Rules!

#6 ·
Ok, after a lot of research and though, I ended up installing the RF300x4. I replaced the stick speakers with Polk MM651 components and added two Polk DX5.25 slim design in the lower part of the fairing behind the glovebox. Man does this set up sound amazing! Gain adjust is not even Half way up and at 4-5 bars of volume it is as loud as I can stand it sitting in the garage. What is surprising is that I have a full sound with even a little bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Yes i took both speaker channels off the radio and wired them to the amps supplied harness ( cutting rca ends off and Sodering) Then i switched the amp input to 2 channel so that it takes two channel from the stock head unit and converts it to four channel out put.

#14 ·
Thanks for the pix, getting ready to do same in 2 months. Helps me see whats coming. .collecting the parts now, went RF 300x2, Hawgwired ZX for stock fairing slots, and Pioneer G1644R for inner fairing..Run the Hawgwired and pioneers off RF in parallel, letting the HK drive the tourpak speakers for now..Another pbr300x2 in the future.

#15 ·
DHP is a sponsor on here and is running a sale on the Rokkers. You can get the 500w amp along with the front and rear Rokker XT's for $900. I already have this setup and just ordered the lower speaker kit to add to it. My Rokker kit has been in since July and I have put about 5k miles on it since. No complaints what so ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.