Road Glide banner

Yaffe stretched tank

29K views 185 replies 26 participants last post by  PoPaSiCkBoY 
#1 ·
Just received my Paul Yaffe stretched tank. Quality and price are great. Cant wait to paint and install :)

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
No I have a Bad Lander seat and a La Pera Maverick seat that I am gonna have trimmed to fit. I switch between the two seats if my wife rides with me or not. I am thinking recover the badlands seat with stingray or shark hide.

#18 ·
Good tip! I was also thinking to use a expanding drain plug sealer like plumbers use. You body work was rough? The tank looks pretty clean 2 stamped shells welded together. I am not a body guy so I am not sure.

#15 ·
I was thinking the same thing, you'd expect the tank to be pressure tested before it left the factory.

#16 ·
I don't know if they do or not but if you have ever had to line a tank then bodywork it then prime it then block it then paint it then clear it then colorsand it then buff it then mount it. When during that long difficult path would you like to find out there was a small pinhole that wasn't sealing your tank? I have never found one yet but if I did I would want it at the beginning of the process.

#23 ·
Ok its been a while but I finally had a chance to check the tank for fitment. Perfect fit! Very pleased. The seats need some trimming but I don't see that being a big deal for my seat guy. :D

#30 ·
We doin ok, Things in a mad rush to get back to normal. I am in Construction so we are real busy right now. I didn't get hit as bad as the shore so those guys are a bit more inconvenienced unfortunately.

#31 ·
couple questions.

when do you plan to have it painted? I can't wait to see it.

how was sinister to deal with? I heard some bad stuff about their customer service.

Any idea if the side panels would fit well on stock bags with extensions?

thanks!

Nice lookin bike.

#32 ·
Its a Yaffe tank bud. All metal. I really like the Sinister ones but I couldn't wrap my head around tank covers and you either have to make a seat pan or use theres because the nose of the seat is so square. The Yaffe tank I got in 7 business days from Drag specialties. Good quality and very happy about it. Work got really busy with the storm so I haven't had a chance to continue working on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.