Road Glide banner

Phone mount that used CD slot

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  SickRick 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hmmm, that looks pretty cool. For the price i may try it. Im putting 1 1/2 dia bars on this winter and the existing bar mounted mount isnt gonna work. Been looking for something. Thanks

#18 ·
I used the Iron aces mount for my iphone, Dont care about calls but I have all my music, plus it charges through the accessories button, 150.00 to my door, High end product, thought its worth it. im buying another one for my 10 glide that i picked up, yaffee bars so i want somethin hidden, not mounted to bars, never use cd always ipod now, your call

#3 ·
Interesting looking option. I wonder how well it holds in place as it looks like it does not reach very far down into the CD slot but that may not be an issue with how it mounts using the knob to tighten. If I did not already have a mount I'd give it a try.

#9 ·
Looks like a decent lil mount. I wonder how securely it mounts to the radio. That would be my only concern for sure. Price seems to be reasonable. May buy one anyway for the cage

#11 ·
I don't think it'll be long before CD players go away all together. There are too many other, smaller, wireless and more efficient options. Having said that, I ordered 2, one for my daughter and one for me. I never use the CD player in my cage or on my Glide. Now I can use my Iron Aces mount for my Power Vision instead of my iPhone.

#17 · (Edited)
Same here. Easy to burn 100 or so different songs onto each of a few CDs (pennies worth) and ride, ride, ride... swap to a different CD the next day, etc. ad infinitum. Of course, I'm also the guy that doesn't even bother to leave his phone turned on while the ride, ride, ride is happening. I can check for calls when I decide to stop for a while.

#21 ·
Well, it works, though I've only tried it in the car. I'm thinking it's not sturdy enough to work on the bike, but I could be wrong. If it drops out in the car it hits the floor. If it drops out on the bike...

It only slips into the CD slot about a half inch or so, and, when you include the weight of the phone, there's quite bit hanging by that half inch. Kinda like a diving board. If you press on the phone, the whole thing moves a bit as it's only plastic. I can press on my Iron Aces mount and nothing budges. However, for the money, I think it's a good product. It mounts/dismounts quickly. Inserting and removing the phone is also quick and easy. It pivots and rotates in pretty much any direction and looks like it'll adapt to just about any phone or GPS.

#23 · (Edited)
Pretty much the same here except I have no complaints with the sturdiness. . I do get much better results by removing the bottom support using my very large phone (Samsung Galaxy II)

I thought it was interesting that the instructions say it is not just limited to the CD player, that it can be used in any "slot" between mating surfaces of sufficient size on the dashboard.

I'm not quite ready to give up making it bike worthy. Maybe sticking a tiny spot of velcro on the phone in some out of the way spot would help. Or making some sort of "teeth" on the wings that will grab my otterbox cover better. But I agree that I wouldn't use it on the bike as is, without some sort of extra retention or tether.

#24 ·
so the mount is good but the phone doesnt seem stable enough? I

just want a convenient place to put phone so I can play music through the aux. jack.

Sent from my SCH-I535

#25 ·
got mine today...I think that if you have a small phone it would probably work...maybe...I like the idea of some velcro. I have a Galaxy Note 2 also...way to big and heavy for this mount on the bike, truck usage ok though. Got 2 1 for the wife and she already likes it in her car.

#26 ·
I found that it does hold my phone with the case (htc evo 4g w/ otterbox case) on it pretty good but the stock mounting system doesnt seem to be very secure and the mount seems to bounce alot. Until i can figure out a way to secure it better i will not be trying on the bike for fear of it falling off. Bouncing aside, it does work rather well in the truck

#27 · (Edited)
I don't have a bouncing problem at all and my phone is pretty big/heavy with the otterbox case. Since it will go into the slot both ways, maybe flipping it over will help?

Also, see that slot on the back that looks like you could turn it with a screwdriver? Turn it with a screwdriver. Tightening it will increase the tension in the swivel.

#29 · (Edited)
And if you haven't already, try it without the removable bottom piece. I have much better success when my phone sits lower in the clamps. The only thing that keeps me from using it on the bike is that when it's in the case, the phone might slip forward (face first) and I'm not going to take it out of its case every time. Up/down/sideways it's as solid as a rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.