Road Glide banner

*New* TW-222 cams by Wood Performance

61K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  fuelmoto 
#1 · (Edited)
Fuel Moto is proud to announce a new cam we have been working on with Bobby Wood over the last 6 months called the Wood TW-222. This cam is designed specifically to optimize low RPM and midrange power on stock & lower compression 96" and 103" motors. This cam has .555 lift/short duration/early intake close, we have tested these cams in several motor-exhaust combinations and they make excellent low end torque and run out very smoothly, this cam will work especially well in FLH models and for those looking for power on the left side of the curve. These cams are expected to be ready about late August and we have already developed a handful of Power Vision calibrations for several application. The cam specs for the TW-222 are listed our our website at www.fuelmotousa.com/cams.htm

Here is a dyno chart comparing a completely stock 2012 Harley 103" Touring to the addition of Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, Stage 1 air cleaner, Dynojet Power Vision, and Wood TW-222 cams. +22Hp/20Tq

The chart below is from a 2011 103" Touring, Jackpot 2/1 exhaust, Stage 1 air cleaner, and Dynojet Power Vision

See less See more
#16 ·
So is this saying if u run a 2 into 1 pipe that you make the same power as if u run a 2-1-2 and a cam?????

#17 ·
Here is a dyno chart for a Wood TW-222 cam install we just did on a 2011 CVO 110" Street Glide, Jackpot 2/1/2, Jackpot mufflers, tuned with Dynojet Power Vision. Look at that torque curve!

#20 ·
We install Wood's cams day in day out here with absolutely no issues. The mid lift "triple" series cams 555, 777, and 222 all run especially quiet, many times quieter than the stock cams.

#21 ·
Fuel Moto now has Wood TW-222 cams in stock, and we will be filling all pre-orders today. For more info you can contact us at 877-729-4754

#24 ·
The TW-222 is a bit short for a 107" build but if you are looking primarily for low end torque it works well. We have done a few FM 107" builds with the TW-222, there are a few charts on our facebook page.

#29 ·
I need someone to explain the benefit of adding the directional roller lifters offered with the cam install package. There is about a $60 discount if you buy them as part of the fuelmoto cam install package but the extra $200 is still $200!

#32 · (Edited)
So, Jamie,

We have a completely stock 2012 Harley 103" Touring with the addition of Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, Stage 1 air cleaner, Dynojet Power Vision, and Wood TW-222 cams.

TQ:112.95, HP: 95.40

Then we have a 2011 103" Touring, Jackpot 2/1 exhaust, Stage 1 air cleaner, and Dynojet Power Vision, (stock cams, I assume. or you would have listed them).

TQ: 112.30, HP: 94.61

I wonder about the difference in cost for the additional 0.65 ft lbs in torque and
0.79 HP.

It looks like the difference is a new head pipe with two new mufflers and a set of cams vs. a 2-into-1 exhaust system. Pretty simple choice if performance is the issue and one doesn't feel the need for the "balanced" look of a right and left exhaust pipe (muffler).

That is quite a testimonial for a well designed 2-into-1 exhaust system. Stock cams, same performance. You are an honest man.

Now, ignoring the small differences between '11, '12 and '13 103 motors, if any, my decision is between your 2-into-1 and an RB Racing Black Hole on my '13 RGC.

#33 ·
Hello, on a factory 103" motor both the Jackpot 2/1/2 with the dyno tuned mufflers and the Jackpot 2/1 perform very similar, within a couple Hp/Tq. We have tested both combinations hundreds of times over, your reference to the numbers of TQ: 112.30, HP: 94.61 numbers would not be with stock cams. We generally see in the range of upper 70's/low 80's for Hp and in the mid/upper 90's Tq with these exhausts on the 103's with stock cams. For more info you are welcome to contact us.

#36 ·
HogWild, I just installed the 222s in my "new bike" this weekend and had it tuned today......

96" MGS true duals, stage 1 A/C, PC-V and the TW-222s

92/104 were my finally numbers, for the small $850 investment in cams gaskets and a dyno I'm more than happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.