Road Glide banner

Boom!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  torqu 
#1 ·
I'm going to get the Boom 6.5 speakers/amp upgrade installed in my '15. I'm also doing the saddlebag lid speakers. Anyone know who makes the speakers for Harley? I was also considering just getting the amp and the lids and installing different speakers. I have Infinitys in my truck and love them but I'm worried about the weather/rain. If I have Harley install the Boom speakers they will be covered under my warranty so that sways me a little that way. Suggestions?

#2 ·
I would definitely shop around before doing the boom HD upgrade, IMO there's a lot better systems for a better price. Check VTwin Audio, they're one of the companies that are already working on the 2015 RG.

#3 · (Edited)
They're going to charge you 4 hours labor just to install the amp and fairing speakers. That's about $400 for a warranty on a $800 item that performs worse than systems you can buy for $500-$600. You get at least one year factory warranty on any system you buy. So you're getting maybe an extra year for $400.

#4 ·
Suggestion would be to be Patient and Ride that 15 for a while.
What part of the World are you in???
From the looks of this video Harley has made it even that much ez-er to change out just the speakers. From sitting on a 2015 Friday and inspecting the Fairing pretty good, till a know it all salesman followed me out of the bathroom , and wouldnt leave me be!,... God Bless Him, somebody like Hawg Wired - J&M - Rockford Fosgate - is gonna come up w/sum Sweet Soundn - Way Better than Stock or Harleys replacement stuff, Soon. The New Fairing is Awesome w/the Speaker boxes in the Fairing. I'd have a definate want to do too tho!
But if it was me, I'd wait till prolly bout Bike Week of next year b4 I'd start doing anything cosmetic, xcept for yano the obvious, mufflers , Bars (stock Bars Suck worse than anything on that bike imo),...get in tune w/ur Machine!
Then spend sum bucs and Rock the House!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Has_dLu_Gxg

#6 ·
The money I spent on the harley Boom amp and saddlebag speakers is easily the biggest waste of money I've spent on my bike. I'll have a fully functional but used set for sale when I remove them next weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.