Road Glide banner

HD Competition III Waterproof Leather Coat

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Uncle Fuzzy 
#1 ·
At Sturgis, I saw a new coat from HD--the Competition III. Was wondering if anyone here has one and how you like it. They said it uses the same liner as the FXRG. Only this one doesn't have the kidney belt or so many pockets inside. Looks like a winner if it's in fact waterproof.

#5 ·
I ride with a friend thats gotta fox creek leather jacket. One late october day we got caught in the rain, and I had my waterproof stuff on and he didnt. I told him he was up sh*t creek, lol!

#9 ·
I have been meaning to get the harley waterproof jacket both tracy and frankie have.

cause I need one.

I only found that one, so not as to be a copy catter, that's just what is available.

it was a pop up on one of the OE parts sites, while shopping for heated gear.

my rain suit selection couldn't have been worse this seaon, fripping nothing
worse than riding clothes that aren't even close to fitting right

rather than S M and L and XL

harley should but realistic sizing information on there like:

maybe, we'll see, possibly, pants aren't the same size, you'll hate this decision later

harley leathers are wayyy over priced, but I love mine, not even sure of the model, 05 messenger jacket, made in china

but has outlasted many others, same cut as the one you mentioned... zip vents are cool

#6 ·
I have the Competition III leather jacket it, LOVE IT!! I am actually trying to sell the one I have since I lost weight it doesnt fit anymore. My buddy has an FXRG and the only thing he has that I do not is a little less weight due to it being a textile and more mpockets with the kidney belt, I wore his and thought it was just as warm as mine. I will likely be ordering anothe Comp.III when I can sell the one I have.

#14 · (Edited)
G-man, they make their nylon/ballistic suits in three weights - regular, light, and ultralight. There is also a difference in the body armor and a couple other things depending on what you order. These are very well made. I can't imagine being comfortable in a leather suit in June/July/August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.