Road Glide banner

I just got a new 21" sage.

10K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  willbglidin 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can get a fender sized so it looks stock?
I don't want the tight fitting stock I have been told a 23" fender will do what I want.

#2 ·
Dont know about the fender, but would love to see a picture of your wheel!!!:D

#4 ·
You can run a 21 with the stock fender. You just need to expand the hole out a bit and tilt it forward. If your looking for a whole new fender klockwerks makes some nice stuff ready for paint.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#5 ·
A fender designed for a 23" wheel will be taller and much more likely to get dented by the crash bar or lower triple tree. I put a 23" fender on a bike with a 21" wheel by accident and the guy came back about a week later with a big dent in the fender. Ooops.

A 21" wheel with tire will fit under the stock fender and spin but will grow in height at speed therefore we always recommend boring out the rear two front fender mounting holes in order to lift the rear portion of the front fender a little bit (about 3/8"). You can also use a dremel to elongate the mounting holes as opposed to a drill and drill bit.

#6 ·
You have my word I will post pics after the install.

I just want the 21 to look like stock and not so crammed in...

#8 ·
Congrats on the new wheel - do as Hogpro suggests above and you'll be fine.

#9 ·
The wheels are going on this week... I will try the stock fender, but I had a 21" wrap fender as a back up.

I will post a pic As soon as she's back at home.

Ride Hard, Ride Smart!

#10 ·
Here's the pics.

Attachments

#11 ·
One more....

Attachments

#14 ·
Nice wheel choice. I've heard others comment on difficulty of keeping black wheels clean. Do you see that as an issue? Will you change forks to either chrome or black? If you change the forks will you go with single or dual disk setup? Just curious about your plan as I am trying to figure the same.

#16 ·
I must agree with that guy ^RichieRich^, sad I know LOL

Going single side will enhance the look of the wheel by being able to see the whole left side of it :eek: Bad Ass wheel by the way!!

As for the fender comment, are you looking for a fender the keeps the factory "tire-fender spacing"? If so, take a look at the BadDad stretched FL, thats what I'm running. He's a picture, before I just lowered it, to give you an idea....

If you want/need any specs, ask away

#19 · (Edited)
wheel looks great,
After spending the $$ on matching rotors I would not switch to a single disc.

you can save yourself a few $$$ on the lowers, I have stripped/sanded & polished lowers (on the bike) & they turn out very nice.

I am doing a 21" w/Paul Yaffe 21" wrapper fender & progressive drop ins.

Questions,
1) are you going to lower it?
2) do you notice any difference good or bad handling @ stock height?

Colin

#20 ·
@ GoneBlack,

how much did you lower the front w/ the 21"?

doings a 21" also w/ Paul Yaffe 21" wrapper fender some guys go 1" and some 2" drop, curious what your experience with handling before & after lowering.

thanxs
Colin

#22 ·
@ GoneBlack,

how much did you lower the front w/ the 21"?

doings a 21" also w/ Paul Yaffe 21" wrapper fender some guys go 1" and some 2" drop, curious what your experience with handling before & after lowering.

thanxs Colin
Full drop with progressive monotubes, actual measured drop is way closer to -2.5" then the advertised -2". I love the ride and handling, firm but not hard or harsh at all and handles like its on rails......for a 900lb bike anyway. Considering the near complete lack of brake dive, it takes the bumps big and small very very well.

The money question, if I had to do it all over again......I wouldn't change a thing ;)

#24 ·
Full drop with progressive monotubes,
I bought the drop-ins but from what I am reading I should have went with the Monotubes.
Handling is also an important factor so I may spring for the momotubes and do the job right.

thanxs for the info GoneBlack,
I have been looking at pictures with a 1' & 2" drop to see what stance I like, shit the both l@@k good.

thanxs
Colin

#25 ·
I bought the drop-ins but from what I am reading I should have went with the Monotubes.
Handling is also an important factor so I may spring for the momotubes and do the job right.

thanxs for the info GoneBlack,
I have been looking at pictures with a 1' & 2" drop to see what stance I like, shit the both l@@k good.

thanxs
Colin
My recommendation would be to return what you bought and run the monotubes, I've run both setups and favor the monotubes, personally. But what do I know :rolleyes: just my $.02

As for the height, it's a personal preference. But, if you run the monotubes........slam the bitch :D she'll look as good as she rides -2"

#27 ·
Gents!

Sorry to just get back. I dropped her 1", powder coated the legs, and I am in love all over again. The handling is superb, I did the monotubes and YES, it's better than stock.

I will post new pics ASAP.

I cannot give a good definition on how great this bike rides. I got a new seat and am waiting on delivery.

But Regina is AWESOME!!!

#28 ·
The back is a 16"er. I called Sage and that is what they felt was the best ride. It rides f&ckin great!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.