Road Glide banner

What did you do to your Road Glide Today?

3M views 22K replies 2K participants last post by  Roosterman623 
#1 ·
I've seen these threads on other forums, and they can go on forever. Just some place to post what you might have done in any particular day.

I'll start with this past weekend. I went out Sunday morning intending to ride down the road, any road. When the first 40mph gust of wind hit me, I changed my mind and headed over to Iron Pony instead. It being early Sunday, and the service dept was open, I decided to get the new tires I was needing. So, a few dollars later I ended up with two new Dunlop American Elites and new pads on the front brakes. They were out of the Metzler ME880's, but these are new model Dunlops, and it appears they only make two sizes so far, both just happen to fit my bike. Web site says more sizes coming in 2011. Only have about 300 miles on them, but so far they seem to be good tires. Holds the wind well :D (Sunday was VERY windy, almost got blown over getting off the bike)

Next up, Progressive 940's are on the way.

#5,141 ·
Well, I thought I would give the old girl some new toys

An amigo of mine had Daymakers installed last week and I am amazed, so naturally, I had to keep up with the Joneses and I ordered a set from PC Pain's Horny Toad Harley for $559! Cannot wait for them to be delivered and installed. And my pipes were looking a little used, so I also found a great deal on a VH Pro Pipe from another source and will be adding that.

#5,143 ·
I washed it from yesterdays ride. Rode it got caught in the rain again washed it again. Then cursed the stock radio that went dead on me except for the sound of it trying to load a cd with the key off. Pulled the fuse so the battery wont go dead lit a cigar made a drink and sat and admired it in my garage. Told myself the radio was a harley problem not a road glide thing so its all good. lol

#5,144 ·
Aligned my frame/motor, adjusted my steering head bearings, and installed "Classic Vents" in my lowers.
Waiting for the rain to cease for a road test.

#5,145 ·
I know, I should have a pic of the glide here but...

last Saturday rode it through the Smoky Mountain National Park,

and today up in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Where too next weekend?

#5,146 ·
Worked hard to finally get it rolling on two wheels again. Its been a long 3 months but its 90 percent complete. Not going to work tomorrow to finish it up, hopefully the rain holds off so I can ride it.

#5,148 ·
Worked hard to finally get it rolling on two wheels again. Its been a long 3 months but its 90 percent complete. Not going to work tomorrow to finish it up, hopefully the rain holds off so I can ride it.

Looks sweet nice glide.

#5,149 ·
I know, I should have a pic of the glide here but...

last Saturday rode it through the Smoky Mountain National Park,

and today up in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Where too next weekend?
Ever been to Canyon de Chelly National Monument?

#5,150 ·
Did the mod for my Mean Mug. Simple, 2 screws and a drill. Thanks again Chainsaw.

#5,154 ·
Finished the remainder of the initial 1000 break in miles on my new 107" top end, via a very nice 360 mile trip fron Anchorage to Fairbanks. Also got in some quality time in with Power Vision auto tune sessions. Bike is running smoother, cooler, and with more power with each correction. Time for an oil change to synthetic, some more auto tune sessions to rough it in, and have an appointment for some dyno time on Friday to fine tune it, and hit the cells I cant(or won't) do on the street. Looking forward to see how the build performs....feels great so far.

Jeff

#5,156 ·
Pulled the tank and put in the GPS hardwire harness, gave it a quick bath to wash off the gravel road dust from trip to the parents, then did a quick 130mi check out ride(had to test that GPS wiring), got diverted by threatening rain showers.

#5,158 ·
Rode her real hard and fast today, (something I very seldom do), triple digits after pegging the speedo for more than 10 seconds it keeps dropping to zero until I slow down again, I guess that's a good thing. BTW, found out I can walk away and leave the Kawasaki Vaquero anytime I wanted to, and nothing he could do about it. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5,160 ·
I actually cleaned the wheels. They were pretty grungy. I used S100 Wheel cleaner, and it did provide a good cleaning, just not as easy as they made it out to be.

The instructions are to spray on, wait, hose off and away goes the gunk. Not so fast there bubba! It did loosen the gunk well, but I had to do some serious wiping and cleaning by hand to get all of it to come off.

For the most part, I am satisfied with the results, and the product. Just be aware that you might end up having to do some scrubbing. Not too bad, mostly just wiping with a rag, but on a wheel still mounted, that can be a pain.

The back wheel, on the brake side, did not come as clean, but that is a real pain to get to even to spray it on. The Sprocket side got really clean (duh, no brake dust).

I put on some Lyndall Gold Plus pads all around. Hopefully that will keep them a bit cleaner in the long run.